1. CALL TO ORDER
E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of October 2, 2022 - October 8, 2022 as National 4-H Week.
2. In recognition of October 16, 2022 - October 22, 2022 as Wesley Community Center Week, to celebrate 80 years of service in Nueces County.
3. In support of Operation Green Light for Veterans.
4. In support of immediate funding for State Government Mandated Services as set out by the County Judges and Commissioners Association of Texas, Executive Board's request to the Texas Legislative Budget Board.
1. In recognition of Nueces County Human Resources Director, Julie Guerra, receiving an award from the Texas Veterans Commission.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
I. Approve outstanding invoices for Professional Services for the Texas Water Development Grant drainage project.
P. Approve personal services agreement with Iain Vasey related to economic and community development and military base preparedness programs and initiatives.
Q. Approve personal services agreement with John LaRue related to economic and community development and military base preparedness programs and initiatives.
R. Approve rescinding Amendment No. 4 between Nueces County and HireQuest LLC dba Snelling as approved on August 17, 2022; approve revised no cost Amendment No. 4 between Nueces County and HireQuest LLC dba Snelling providing for FEMA requirement contract provisions.
T. Approve recommendation received from Nueces County Animal Services (NCAS) Advisory Committee regarding termination of a board member pursuant to the Committee's bylaws.
U. Approve the proposed 2023 Nueces County Holiday Calendar.
V. Approve replacement of Menger Elementary with Metro-E Elementary as an Election Day Vote Center for the November 8, 2022, General Election.
W. Authorize the County Clerk to replace Yorktown Baptist Church with another suitable location, if one is available, to serve as an Election Day Vote Center for the November 8, 2022, General Election.
1. Receive presentation from Public Defender's Office Oversight Board, including introduction of Chief Public Defender and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider adopting Plan of Finance to issue Personal Property Finance Contractual Obligations and restructuring certain County’s outstanding debt.
3. Discuss and consider public application to close/discontinue/abandon a portion of West River View Drive, a designated road, pursuant to Texas Transportation Code Section 251.052.
6. Discuss and consider approval and adoption of revised Nueces County Medical Examiner's Office Fee Schedule, including effective date and related matters.
7. Receive update on Bob Hall Pier design, construction timeline, and related matters; discuss and consider all matters related to construction of Bob Hall Pier; discuss and consider funding allocation, including certificate of obligation funds.
8. Discuss and consider proceeding with two (2) pile architectural design for Bob Hall Pier utilizing current funding.
10. Discuss and consider approval of Third Supplemental Agreement with Tim Richardson for personal services related to Restore Act and other Federal Funding Sources.
13. Discuss and consider funding of veterans non-profit organizations for infrastructure repairs through American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
14. Discuss and consider selection of Turner, Ramirez & Associates, Inc., for Architectural Services related to Fallen Heroes Memorial additions located on the north side of the Nueces County Courthouse.
17. Discuss and consider approval of contract extension request from International Consulting Engineers (ICE) for Amistad Veterans Memorial and Westhaven Parks New Splashpad Project.
18. Discuss and consider interlocal agreement with the City of Robstown to provide Fire and Emergency Rescue Services in unincorporated areas not within the jurisdiction of an Emergency Service District or area not within the boundaries of any other city entities for FY 21/22.
20. Discuss and consider the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of the Human Resources Director, pursuant to Sec. 551.074 of the Texas Government Code.
22. Discuss and consider American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to be allocated for London drainage issues and projects.
23. Discuss and consider taking action on the legal (engagement) services of Baker Wotring LLP regarding Padre Balli Park and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider reclassifying Assistant Veteran Treatment Court Coordinator position in Department 2183 (Veterans Treatment Court) from Pay Group 16 to Pay Group 19 through June 30, 2023.
4. Discuss and consider creation of a deputy constable position for Precinct 5, to serve as a school resource officer; discuss and consider allocating American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding for school resource officer position.
6. Discuss and consider approval of additional hours from 20 to 29 per week for each of the three (3) new Part-Time Medical Examiner Investigator positions in Department 3890 (Nueces County Medical Examiner’s Office) at an additional cost to Nueces County of $32,508 for the 22/23 Fiscal Year.
7. Discuss and consider approval of reclassification of “Community Outreach Library Clerk” at Pay Group 12/01 to a “Community Outreach Librarian” at Pay Group 26/01 in Department 6310 (Nueces County Library) at an additional cost to Nueces County of $24,716 for the 22/23 Fiscal Year.
8. Discuss and consider approval of reclassification of two (2) Case Worker (JSO) positions from Pay Group 19 to Pay Group 21 in Department 3492 (Juvenile Justice Post-Adjudication) at an additional cost to Nueces County of $10,745 for the 22/23 Fiscal Year.
9. Discuss and consider allocating American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding through December 2024 for the ARPA Manager position.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Oct 12, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular