1. CALL TO ORDER
E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
The Commissioners Court will conduct a public hearing on the proposed 2022-2023 Nueces County and Nueces County Hospital District budgets.
1. Recognizing Oilbelt Junior Little League as the 2022 United States Champions
2. In recognition of John Gaddis for his Outstanding Accomplishments.
3. In recognition of the month of September 2022 as "Childhood Cancer Awareness Month".
1. In recognition of Govind Nadkarini, P.E., receiving the 2022 Distinguished Service Award with Special Commendation, as presented by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) for serving his profession with distinction.
1. Nueces County Civil Service Commission
1. August 29, 2022 September 1, 2022
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
F. Authorize execution of Agreement Amendment No. 3 with Absolute Waste Services, Inc for RFP 3081-18 Solid Waste Collection & Disposal Service for County Residents.
G. Authorize execution of agreement with AHI Facility Services, Inc. for RFP No. 3201-22 Janitorial Services.
J. Approve Modification No. 7 of Intergovernmental Agreement with the United States Marshals Services related to Nueces County – East Hidalgo Detention Center; Approve Modification No. 6 of Intergovernmental Agreement with the United States Marshals Services related to Nueces County –Coastal Bend Center.
1. Receive update on Metrocom activities, including budget requests for FY22-23.
2. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving the 2022 tax roll; setting the 2022 tax rates for Nueces County; and levying said tax rate against all taxable property in Nueces County for 2022.
4. Discuss and consider adoption of Orders and Resolutions related to the proposed 2022-2023 Nueces County Budget.
5. Discuss and consider adoption of the 2022-2023 Nueces County Budget.
6. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving the 2022 tax roll; setting the 2022 tax rate for the Nueces County Hospital District; and levying said tax rate against all taxable property in Nueces County for 2022.
7. Discuss and consider adoption of the 2022-2023 Nueces County Hospital District Budget.
8. Discuss and consider accepting funds received from the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts for the County participation in the unclaimed capital credits from electric cooperatives under Section 74.602 of the Texas Property Code; Deposit allocation in the Family Protection Fee Account, Special Revenue Department #1379.
9. Discuss and consider use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) to fund Broken Chains Recovery Center.
10. Discuss and consider establishing the Early Voting Polling Locations for the November 8, 2022, General Election.
11. Discuss and consider approval of Election Day Vote Centers for the November 8, 2022, General Election.
12. Discuss and consider approval of the Sheriff and Constable Fees for 2023, pursuant to Section 118.131 of the Texas Local Government Code.
13. Discuss and consider the execution of the contract for Bob Hall Pier Owner's Representative.
14. Discuss and consider adopting updated Commissioners Court policies and procedures.
15. Discuss and consider taking action on the legal (engagement) services of Baker Wotring LLP regarding Padre Balli Park and related matters.
16. Discuss and consider Dr. Adel Shaker’s work agreement and/or settlement agreement; and related matters.
17. Rescind August 10, 2022, allocation of funds for HQ office management software for County Attorney’s office through American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
18. Discuss and consider funding of office management software for County Attorney’s office through American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
19. Discuss and consider next Commissioners Court meeting date.
1. Discuss and consider conditional selection for RFP No. 3190-22 Jail Needs Assessment.
2. Discuss and consider conditional selection for RFP No. 3193-22 Nueces County Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System and Replacement of Timeclocks.
1. Discuss and consider Toshiba DIR contracts as an addition to the Vendor Payments Exception List not requiring Commissioners Court pre-approval.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 20 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
3. Authorize and approve removal of fixed assets that are no longer located in the departments.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Sep 07, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular