1. CALL TO ORDER
E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of the month of September 2022 as "Suicide Prevention Awareness Month".
1. Receive update from Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District regarding COVID-19 and MonkeyPox.
2. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
1. August 17, 2022
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
K. Ratify the following Certificates of Appointment for the Board of Park Commissioners: 1. Troy Adler 2. Robert J. Paulison 3. Kimberly Zahn-Winton 4. Mitra Khan 5. Misty Svboda 6. Cody Bates 7. Rick Patel
2. Receive update on establishment of Public Defender’s office, and related matters.
3. Discuss and consider use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds for a case management software for county offices.
4. Receive update on Bob Hall Pier design, construction timeline, and related matters; discuss and consider funding allocation, including certificate of obligation funds.
5. Discuss and consider change of effective date for the Nueces County Game Room Regulations, and related matters.
7. Discuss and consider approval to authorize the Coastal Parks Director to contract with The Gordian Group to provide a customized Job Order Contract (JOC) Complete Solution.
8. Discuss and consider electricity procurement through Public Power Pool (P3), including opting-out of 2022 procurement cycle, procurement of renewals, and related matters.
9. Discuss and consider use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to hire two (2) temporary caseworkers to assist with Emergency Rental Assistance (ERAP) case management; related equipment for their use; and other ERAP support services; discuss and consider approval of hiring two (2) temporary caseworkers to assist with ERAP case management.
11. Discuss and consider establishing the Early Voting Polling Locations for the November 8, 2022, General Election.
12. Discuss and consider approval of Election Day Vote Centers for the November 8, 2022, General Election.
13. Discuss and consider use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to support the African American Museum Project through the Corpus Christi Black Chamber of Commerce and/or the NAACP.
14. Discuss and consider use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) to fund Friends of Bayview Cemetery.
16. Discuss and consider adopting updated Commissioners Court policies and procedures.
18. Discuss and consider adopting a policy that requires one must obtaining a funding source before going out for an RFP.
24. Discuss and consider next Commissioners Court meeting date.
1. Receive update on Juvenile Detention Facility Parking Lot Improvement pursuant to the ABM Energy Savings Performance Contract.
2. Discuss and consider the approval of Certificate of Substantial Completion for the CSP: 3144-20 Nueces County Courthouse Exterior Wall Remediation project completed by Phoenix 1 Restoration and Construction, LLC.
3. Discuss and consider a Resolution to Adopt the Revised and Updated Nueces County Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance, to include by reference the newly released FEMA Flood Insurance Study and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider approval of a Third Amendment to Work Authorization No. 1 with Lockwood, Andrews, and Newnam (LAN), Inc. for Program Management providing for re-allocation of previously committed funds.
5. Discuss and consider approval of First Amendment to Work Authorization No. 2 with Lockwood, Andrews, and Newnam (LAN), Inc. for Program Management providing for re-allocation of previously committed funds.
1. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for competitive bids) for Uniform Rentals, Floor Mats, Shop Towels, Linens, and Scrubs; and authorize the purchasing agent to publish a notice.
2. Discuss and consider conditional selection for RFP No. 3193-22 Nueces County Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System and Replacement of Timeclocks.
3. Discuss and consider method of procurement (request for qualifications) for architectural services for a mental health restoration center; authorize Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
4. Discuss and consider method of procurement (request for proposal) for maintenance of emergency generators at Nueces County Courthouse and Jail and McKinzie Annex; authorize Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
1. Approve Capital Project Change Order No. 112.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 19 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
1. Receive information regarding a salary evaluation for the attorney positions within the County Attorney's Office.
3. Discuss and consider recommending to the Civil Service Commission to suspend the maximum accrual of vacation hours under the rule of 4.21 of the Civil Service Rules for the fiscal year 2021-2022.
4. Discuss and consider the suspension of the maximum accrual of vacation hours under the rule of 4.21 of the Personnel Policy Manual for the fiscal year 2021-2022.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Aug 29, 2022 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting