1. CALL TO ORDER
E. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. In recognition of Steve Chapman of the Calallen Wildcats as the winningest Coach in Texas High School Baseball.
2. In recognition of Ray Allen for his service to Nueces County and the Coastal Bend Bays & Estuaries Program.
H. Present the following Certificate(s) of Recognition:
I. GENERAL INFORMATION REPORTS:
J. Accept the following Minutes:
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
C. Authorize payment of bills - Special Motions List and Special Motions List - Banc of America Public Capital Corp dated August 10, 2022.
G. Approve renewal with Aetna Life Insurance Company under Boon-Chapman Benefits Administrators for RFP No. 3109-19 Aggregate and Specific Re-Insurance (Stop Loss) as part of the employee Health Plan of medical & pharmacy benefits.
1. Discuss 1115 waiver, current status, eligible uses and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider approving use of 1115 Waiver funds for the 2022-23 fiscal year between Nueces County and the City of Corpus Christi pursuant to Section 4 of the Amended Cooperative Agreement for City-Operated Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District and related matters.
4. Receive a presentation from the Je'Sani Smith Foundation in partnership with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Weather Service, Visit Corpus Christi, and Coastal Parks on a new "Wave Safe Initiative" program being launched along Nueces County beaches.
5. Receive calculations of the no-new revenue tax rate, the voter-approval tax rate and the fund balances for Nueces County, Nueces County Farm to Market, and Nueces County Hospital District for 2022.
6. Receive briefing from Nueces County Hospital District on matters relating to CHRISTUS Spohn Health System Corporation’s notice of plans to initiate demolition of Memorial Medical Center and other structures and infrastructure located at 2606 Hospital Boulevard, Corpus Christi, Texas; CHRISTUS Spohn’s demolition action pursuant to Master Agreement between the parties.
8. Receive update from legislative consultants Joel Romo/ Patricia Shipton, including update regarding Texas Insurance Windstorm Association (TWIA).
9. Discuss and consider Task Order No. 1 related to Intergovernmental Services Agreement (IGSA) with Naval Air Station - Corpus Christi (NAS-CC); discuss and consider Goodbuy #22 7N000 purchase with Shoreline Plumbing Co. for fire hydrant work related to IGSA Task Order No. 1, subject to NAS-CC quote approval.
10. Discuss and consider Amendment No. 2 to the Interlocal Agreement with the City of Corpus Christi related to Parker Pool for purposes of providing a general public swim program.
11. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 5 from Mako Contracting related to I.B. Magee Park Office renovation to provide additional concrete repairs and for Fiberglass Reinforced Panel (FRP) vendor price difference.
12. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement to Engineering Services Contract between Nueces County and Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. related to adjustment of hourly rates.
13. Discuss and consider Supplemental Agreement with Hagerty Consulting, Inc. for disaster response and recovery support; discuss and consider Work Authorization(s) related to ARPA, FEMA, and Infrastructure and Recovery Grant Support.
14. Discuss and consider funding of HQ office management software for County Attorney’s office through American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
15. Discuss and consider prioritization of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) projects, including projects as set out in Nueces County 2022 ARPA Projects Prioritization Report; allocation of ARPA funds; and related matters.
16. Discuss and consider recording executive session meetings, identifying a funding source for the needed equipment, and related matters.
19. Ratify First Amendment to agreement with Dr. Ray Fernandez, M.D. PLLC for services related to the Nueces County Medical Examiner's Office, and other related matters.
21. Discuss and consider next Commissioners Court meeting date.
1. Receive an update from Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) regarding the status of the ABM Energy Saving Performance contract, schedule of projects, and an update on the Nueces County Generator Project.
2. Discuss and consider approval of BuyBoard Proposal #631-20 with Protech Mechanical, Inc. for labor, equipment, and materials to replace three (3) condensing units at the Keach Library.
3. Discuss and consider execution of an Engineering Services Contract with Govind Development, LLC to provide Program Management services.
1. Discuss and consider award and execution of an agreement with HJD Capital for CSP No. 3192-22 Infrastructure Construction for Emergency Generators for Nueces County Courthouse, Main Jail and Jail Annex.
2. Discuss and consider approval of procurement for architectural services related to Nueces County Medical Examiners Facility; approve any Order.
1. Discuss and consider Jail Transport services as an addition to the Vendor Payments Exception List not requiring Commissioners Court pre-approval.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 17 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
1. Discuss and consider Fire Marshal Job Description.
2. Discuss and consider instructing Human Resources Director to perform Salary Evaluation for the employee positions within the County Attorney's office, as contemplated in the Personnel Manual, Section 3, and related matters.
3. Discuss and consider supplemental pay for interim office administrator for the Nueces County Medical Examiner's Office.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Aug 10, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular