1. CALL TO ORDER
E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of Ray Allen for his service to the County and Coastal Bend Bays & Estuaries Program.
2. In Opposition to Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) Rate Increases.
1. In recognition of the Nueces County Historical Commission for the 2021 Distinguished Service Award as presented by the Texas Historical Commission for its active and well-balanced preservation program.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
J. Accept the following Minutes:
1. Nueces County Civil Service Commission
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
2. Discuss and consider approval of by-laws for Public Defender Office.
8. Receive presentation from Govind regarding proposed design for Hazel Bazemore Dog Park, and related matters.
14. Discuss and consider approval of contract extension request for Amistad Veterans Memorial and Westhaven Parks New Splashpad Project.
15. Discuss and consider approval of license agreement for use of the Richard M. Borchard Fairgrounds Baseball Stadium with Monterey Music.
20. Discuss, consider, and determine County plan of action regarding Hazel Bazemore Dog Park, and related matters.
23. Discuss and consider next Commissioners Court meeting date.
1. Discuss and consider requesting additional funding for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program from the U.S. Department of Treasury (ERAP2).
1. Discuss and consider authorizing the lease of forty-eight (48) fleet vehicles from Enterprise Fleet Management, Inc.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 16 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
3. Approve Captial Project Budget Change Order No. 111.
2. Discuss and consider increasing the Cadet Corrections Officer pay for the remainder of the 2021-2022 Fiscal Year.
3. Discuss and consider creating a Chief Public Defender position (Pay Group 47) for the Public Defender Office pursuant to the Texas Indigent Defense Commission grant.
4. Discuss and consider the creation of four positions: Felony VI (Pay Group 38); Certified Bailiff (Pay Group 20); Assistant Court Clerk (Pay Group 16); and Administrative Assistant II (Pay Group 19); in the Auxiliary Court funded by the Office of Court Administration American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
5. Discuss and Consider deleting the Second Assistant Position (Pay Group 43/ Step 4) and creating a Felony Chief (Intake) position (Pay Group 41/ Step 1).
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Jul 29, 2022 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting