1. CALL TO ORDER
E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of the month of July as "Minority Mental Health Awareness Month".
1. In recognition of Mr. Richard King for his tree donations to the Nueces County Hazel Bazemore Park.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
1. June 21, 2022
1. Nueces County Civil Service Commission
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
C. Authorize payment of bills- Special Motions List, Special Motions List - American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) and Special Motions List - Banc of America Public Capital Corp dated July 6, 2022.
F. Approve personnel actions of budgeted nature: 1. Personnel Actions Summary
K. Approve Modification of Intergovernmental Agreement with the United States Marshals Services related to Nueces County – East Hidalgo Detention Center; Approve Modification of Intergovernmental Agreement with the United States Marshals Services related to Nueces County –Coastal Bend Center.
L. Approve execution of Statement of Grant Award from the Texas Indigent Defense Commission (TIDC) for Public Defender Office with Mental Health Division, two-year grant.
O. Authorize the execution of an Interlocal Agreement between Nueces County and the City of Corpus Christi for the purpose of the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program FY2022 Local Solicitation Award.
Q. Approve West Complete agreement with Thomson Reuters Contract for fiscal year 2022 - 2023 for Nueces County Law Library.
1. Discuss and consider approval of a retroactive Dune Protection Permit Exemption for the repair of a dune walkover DPP-202202-02e located at 15820 Park Rd. 22, Briscoe King Pavilion, Corpus Christi, TX.
2. Discuss and consider amendment to Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc. Engineering Services Contract for additional design scope, cost and additional time extension, and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider process for reorganizing the Purchasing department so that it reports directly to the Nueces County Commissioners Court.
5. Discuss and consider recommendation for amending the Nueces County policies regarding purchasing card (P-Card) use. This discussion should include but not be limited to food purchases.
6. Discuss and consider establishment of pre-positioned contracts for disaster response, recovery, and logistics relating to extreme weather, and other declared emergencies.
7. Discuss SmithGroup, Inc. professional services agreement regarding medical examiner facility, and related matters.
8. Discuss and consider adopting annual payment agreement amount – including request by City to increase budget based on Consumer Price Index (CPI) – for the 2022-23 fiscal year between Nueces County and the City of Corpus Christi pursuant to Section 4 of the Amended Cooperative Agreement for City-Operated Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District and related matters.
9. Discuss and consider approving use of 1115 Waiver funds for the 2022-23 fiscal year between Nueces County and the City of Corpus Christi pursuant to Section 4 of the Amended Cooperative Agreement for City-Operated Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District and related matters.
10. Discuss and consider authorizing requesting funding from the Nueces County Hospital District for public health services and activities.
11. Discuss and consider appointment of interim office administrator for medical examiner office.
12. Discuss and consider amendment to agreement with Forensic Pathology Staffing for Autopsy Report Continuation and Completion for the Medical Examiner’s Office.
14. Discuss and consider removing not to exceed amount related to Axis Forensic Toxicology for forensic toxicology laboratory services and NMS Labs for postmortem toxicology for the Medical Examiner’s office.
15. Discuss and consider birth and death certificate fees pursuant to Texas Health & Safety Code section 191.0045.
16. Discuss and consider use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds for the Veterans Food Pantry project.
17. Discuss and consider use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to support the Nueces River Authority Regional Wastewater Plan project in the amount of $500,000 (or other amount) for an assessment study, pre-permitting, and identification of location for new plant and transmission main routes.
18. Discuss and consider use of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds in the amount of $6,000,000 (or other amount) for the purpose of making necessary investment and improvements within our inland parks for outdoor recreational activities supporting health and wellness for all our county residents including improving our community center facilities to meet pandemic operational needs.
19. Discuss and consider use of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to support Nueces County Water Control & Improvement District # 3 Booster Pump Station Project in the amount of $1,000,000 (or other amount).
20. Discuss and consider the use of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds in the amount of $7,000,000 (or other amount) for the purpose of renovating our current medical examiner’s facility including a new addition of approximately 6,620 SF for proper space and to ensure a safe environment for staff and public.
21. Discuss and Consider use of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to support the City of Driscoll in the amount of $150,000.00 (or other amount) for drainage widening and rehabilitation.
22. Discuss and consider use of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to support Banquete Water District #5 in the amount of $1,000,000 (or other amount) for rehabilitation of manholes and sewer lines throughout Banquete.
23. Discuss and consider use of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds for infrastructure improvements in the amount of $4,000,000 (or other amount) for county drainage improvements.
24. Receive clarification regarding the unclaimed capital credits received by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts from electric cooperatives under Section 74.602 of the Texas Property Code as discussed on June 21, 2022, including discuss and consider moving funds back to the non profit agencies under the family protection fee fund.
25. Discuss and consider additional funding for Bob Hall Pier project from all available Nueces County funding sources.
26. Discuss and consider amended Work Authorization related to Winter Weather Recovery with Hagerty Consulting, providing for a decrease of $8,000 in not to exceed amount; discuss and consider amended Hagerty Work Authorization with Hagerty Consulting related to Emergency Rental Assistance (ERAP) providing for an increase of $8,000.00 in not to exceed amount.
27. Receive update on Commissioner Court Courtroom audio/visual capabilities, including microphone system.
28. Discuss and consider recording executive session meetings, identifying a funding source for the needed equipment, and related matters.
3. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 2 recommended by Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam (LAN) between Nueces County and NRG Engineering for the Nueces County Courthouse/Jail and McKinzie Annex Generator Project.
1. Discuss and consider selection for IFB No. 3202-22 Heavy Equipment Public Works Phase 2.
2. Discuss and consider rescinding conditional selection for CSP No. 3192-22 Infrastructure Construction for Emergency Generators for Nueces County Courthouse, Main Jail and Jail Annex; discuss and consider rejecting all bids; and discuss and consider authorizing the County Purchasing Agent to rebid at a later date using the request for competitive bids IFB method.
3. Discuss and consider conditional selection for RFP No. 3201-22 Janitorial Services.
4. Discuss and consider conditional selection for IFB 3198-22 Maintenance Hangar M3 for Lease.
5. Discuss and consider authorizing a Sole Source purchase with Dailey and Wells Communications, Inc. for 100 law enforcement radios for the Main Jail and McKenzie Jail Annex.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 15 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 110.
1. Discuss and consider reclassifying the Deputy Director (Pay Group 24) in the department of Nueces County Development Commission (#1389) to Economic Development Director (Pay Group 32) and add a car allowance.
3. Discuss and consider Fire Marshal Job Description.
4. Discuss and consider allowing the District Attorney's Office to hire or transfer attorneys or staff during any time in a pay period because of the urgency within the office.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jul 06, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular