1. CALL TO ORDER
D. ANNOUNCEMENT ON DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST: Any Conflicts of Interest or Appearance of a Conflict of Interest with items on this agenda shall be declared at this time. Members with conflicts will refrain from voting and are asked to refrain from discussion on such items. Conflicts discovered later in the meeting shall be disclosed at that time.
E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of Mr. Richard King for his tree donations to the Nueces County Hazel Bazemore Park.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
1. June 6, 2022 June 8, 2022
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
F. Approve personnel actions of budgeted nature: 1. Temporary List 2. Personnel Actions Summary
J. Approve outstanding invoices for Professional Services for the Texas Water Development Grant drainage project.
M. Authorize a Buy Board Contract No. 654-21 purchase and installation from FIRETROL Protections Systems, Inc. to provide design, labor and material needed to install one new Bi-Directional Amplifier System (BDA) needed to boost emergency responder radio signals for Public Works.
Q. Approve Memorandum of Understanding between Nueces County and ERF Tower II for FEMA requirement contract provisions.
R. Approve no cost Amendment No. 4 between Nueces County and HireQuest LLC dba Snelling providing for FEMA requirement contract provisions.
1. Receive briefing from Nueces County Hospital District on matters relating to CHRISTUS Spohn Health System Corporation’s notice of plans to initiate demolition of Memorial Medical Center and other structures and infrastructure located at 2606 Hospital Boulevard, Corpus Christi, Texas; CHRISTUS Spohn’s demolition action pursuant to Master Agreement between the parties.
2. Receive presentation regarding development of a comprehensive collaborative behavioral mental health restoration program; Discuss and consider approving an Order transferring County funds to a Mental Health account; Discuss and consider American Rescue Act Plan (ARPA) funding for mental health restoration program.
3. SPECIALLY SET ITEM AT 10:00 AM Discuss and consider the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of the Human Resources Director, pursuant to Sec. 551.074 of the Texas Government Code.
4. Discuss and consider settlement agreement related to former medical examiner's separation from county employment and related matters.
5. Discuss and consider a finding for the method of procurement (request for competitive bids) for Horace Caldwell Pier Accessible Ramp.
6. Discuss and consider approval of Coastal Parks to submit a grant proposal to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Outdoor/Indoor Grant program for additional funding for the elements of Bob Hall Pier.
7. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 5 for additional construction phase services and time extension to the Engineering Services Contract with Lockwood, Andrews, & Newnam (LAN) for the I.B. Magee Multi-Purpose Office Building.
8. Discuss and consider use of ARPA funds for the Veterans Food Pantry project.
9. Discuss and consider cooperative agreement with Texas A&M AgriLife Extension for a County Extension Program, including agriculture demonstration work and other education programs.
10. Discuss and consider participation in the unclaimed capital credits received by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts from electric cooperatives under Section 74.602 of the Texas Property Code, and certify the purpose of the use of the funds in compliance with the provisions of Section 381.004 of the Texas Local Government Code.
11. Discuss and consider funding for Flag for a Flag Program; Discuss and consider rescinding agreement with Scripps Media related to the Flag for a Flag program approved June 8, 2022; Discuss and consider approving agreement with Scripps Howard Foundation related to the Flag for a Flag program.
12. Receive update on Commissioner Court Courtroom audio/visual capabilities, including microphone system.
13. Discuss and consider recording executive session meetings, identifying a funding source for the needed equipment, and related matters.
14. Receive information from Texas Association of Counties related to the Texas Purchasing Act, the Purchasing Board and Commissioners Court authority, participation/involvement, actions, and related matters.
15. Discuss and consider amending the Nueces County policies regarding purchasing card (P-Card) use. This discussion should include but not be limited to food purchases.
16. Discuss SmithGroup, Inc. professional services agreement regarding medical examiner facility, and related matters.
17. Discuss and consider authorizing healthcare compensation for Medical Examiner.
18. Discuss and consider taking action on notice of claim and settlement demand of Deborah Johnson and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider the Texas Indigent Defense Commission (TIDC), Public Defender Office Mental Division Grant; Discuss and consider submission of the Board of Judges recommendation of oversight committee.
1. Receive presentation from Turner Ramirez Architects for renovations at the Calderon Building; Discuss and consider Goodbuy EZIQC Contract No. 20-21 7GCJOC2 with Barcom Construction, Inc. for Nueces County Calderon Building Interior Renovations.
2. Discuss and consider selection of CLK Architects & Associates for Architectural Services related to the Nueces County Medical Examiners Facility.
3. Receive information from Public Works regarding removal of driveway along CR 52 at 3645 CR 52B (Valley View Dr.).
1. Discuss and consider approving a method of procurement (request for competitive bids) for an Oil and Gas Lease of 3,600.54 acres of School Land Lease property in Jim Wells and Live Oak County; approve hiring a land surveyor and an appraiser.
1. Discuss and consider order approving and accepting donation as the designated beneficiary of Cindy Martinez's life insurance policy proceeds.
2. Discuss and consider reclassifying the Juvenile Probation Officer Victim Service position in the Texas Juvenile Justice Department (TJJD-A State Aid) Grant for Juvenile Department from Pay Group 23/03 to Pay Group 24/03.
3. Discuss and consider reclassifying the First Assistant-County Auditor position in the department of County Auditor (#1250) from Pay Group 34 to Pay Group 32.
4. Discuss and consider creating and unfreezing an Employment Liaison (Pay Group 15/01) in the County Jail (#3720) and deleting a Cadet Corrections Officer position.
5. Discuss and consider reclassifying the Deputy Director (Pay Group 24) in the department of Nueces County Development Commission (#1389) to Economic Development Director (Pay Group 32) and add a car allowance.
6. Discuss and consider the applications review and interview process for the Nueces County Development Commission Director.
7. Discuss and consider creating and unfreezing an Audio/Visual/Interactive Integration Specialist (Pay Group 32/01) in Information Technology Department (#1240) and deleting a Systems Analyst (Pay Group 32/06) due to employee retirement at the end of June 2022.
8. Discuss and consider Fire Marshal Job Description.
1. Discuss ongoing issues with intercom replacements at the County Jail and possible remedies; Discuss and consider authorizing temporary employees, purchase of equipment, or pursuing other possible remedies; Discuss and consider funding sources.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Jun 21, 2022 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting