1. CALL TO ORDER
E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of West Oso I.S.D.'s inaugural year of their Youth Government Academy program.
2. In recognition of Feast of Corpus Christi Day and the 110th Anniversary of the Diocese of Corpus Christi.
3. In recognition of the month of June 2022 as Elder Abuse Awareness Month.
4. In recognition of the week of June 3rd through June 11th, 2022 as PRIDE Week.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
I. Accept the following Minutes:
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Receive update from consultant Tim Richardson on GOMESA and other federal funding opportunities.
2. Receive presentation regarding development of a comprehensive collaborative behavioral mental health restoration program; Discuss and consider approving an Order transferring County funds to a Mental Health account.
3. Discuss and consider approval of Memorandum of Understanding with the Coastal Bend Wellness Foundation and Nueces County Public Libraries.
4. Discuss and consider Office Lease Agreement between Nueces County and LYB Enterprises for continued housing of the Community Supervision and Corrections Department (Adult Probation) in the Gollihar Street office, and related matters.
5. Discuss and consider approval of the Supplemental Agreement for a no-cost time extension to the Engineering Services Contract with Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. related to the Bob Hall Pier Parking Lot.
6. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit Exemption for a single-family residence with a pool DPP-202203-03p located at Lot 4, Mustang Island Estates, Corpus Christi, TX.
7. Discuss and consider approval of Work Authorization No. 2 with Advanced Construction Management, LLC pursuant to Professional Services Agreement related to Intergovernmental Services Agreement (IGSA) projects.
8. Discuss and consider approval of Second Supplemental Agreement with Susan Roth, P.E., for engineering services related to drainage master planning, and related matters.
9. Discuss and consider approving proposal/agreement with Forensic Pathology Staffing for Autopsy Report Continuation and Completion for the Medical Examiner’s Office.
10. Discuss and consider use of ARPA funds for the Out-of-County Incarceration - COVID-19 Prevention Measures in Correctional Facilities project.
11. Discuss and consider use of ARPA funds for the Nueces County Employee Self-Funded Group Health Program - COVID-19 Diagnostics and Testing project.
12. Discuss and consider approval of Judge Pro Tem schedule for the Commissioners Court for the calendar year beginning January 1, 2023.
13. Discuss any need for an Order prohibiting the use and sale of aerial fireworks in the unincorporated areas of the County during the Fourth of July fireworks season; discuss and consider adopting an Order (if needed) prohibiting the use and sale of aerial fireworks in the unincorporated areas of the County during the Fourth of July fireworks season.
14. Discuss any need for an Order prohibiting outdoor burning in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County; discuss and consider adopting an Order (if needed) prohibiting outdoor burning in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County, pursuant to Section 352.081 of the Texas Local Government Code.
15. Discuss the removal of courtroom chairs from the Nueces County Courthouse and related matters.
16. Discuss County generator Resiliency Project, including any update from program manager.
17. Discuss and consider settlement agreement related to former medical examiner's separation from county employment and related matters.
18. Discuss and consider adopting employment contract for the new Medical Examiner, and related matters.
19. Discuss and consider taking action on notice of damages regarding negligence claims of Edna Pena regarding her deceased daughter and related matters.
20. Discuss and consider options and course of action regarding the CoreRecon LLC contract, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider requesting No Cost Time Extension from FEMA for the DR-4245-0007 award for the Nueces County Emergency Generators for Sheriff Station and Jail.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 4 for the Nueces County Roadway Rehabilitation Projects County Road 22 and County Road 49.
2. Discuss and consider funding source to hire a mechanical engineer/ mechanical engineering firm to assist the Department of Public Works.
1. Recognize a change in broker dealer name from First Tennessee Bank to First Horizon Bank.
2. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the month of April 2022.
3. Approve Monthly Procurement Card Report for the month of March 2022.
4. Approve Budget Change Order No. 14 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
1. Discuss and consider reclassifying an Attorney V position as an Attorney VI (Violent Crimes and Gang Prosecutor) position.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jun 08, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular