E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of the London Boys Basketball Program on their outstanding accomplishments.
2. In recognition of High School State Champion Powerlifter, Noah Estrada, from Agua Dulce.
3. In recognition of Naval Air Station Corpus Christi - Department of Defense 2022 Commander in Chief's Annual Award for Installation Excellence
5. In recognition of the week of May 22nd through 28th, 2022, as Search and Rescue Awareness Week.
6. In memory of Augustin "Gus" Leija Rivera.
1. May 11, 2022 May 17, 2022
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
H. Ratify revised Amendment No. 1 with the Texas Water Development Board providing for corrected organizational chart.
M. Approve Renewal and Extension of Lease Agreement between Texas Boll Weevil Eradication Foundation, Inc. and Nueces County.
P. Approve BuyBoard Contract No. 597-19 purchase with ROMCO Equipment Co. for rental of standby generators and transformers for Nueces County Courthouse, Jail, and McKenzie Jail Annex.
R. Ratify the hiring of Branscomb Law to handle legal services relating to Medical Examiner's Office complaints and related matters.
U. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for qualifications) for engineering services for design specifications and plans to rebuild the Briscoe King Dune Walkover; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
1. Receive update on 1st quarter activities from Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County.
2. Approve Quarterly Investment Report ending March 31, 2022.
3. Discuss and consider allocation of the Family Protection Fee Fund to the following agencies: Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), Children's Advocacy Center of the Coastal Bend, Family Counseling Service, Nueces County CPS Community Partners Board, The ARK Assessment Center & Emergency Shelter and The Purple Door.
4. Discuss and consider funding for Flag for a Flag program; Discuss and consider outside agency agreement with Scripps Media related to the Flag for a Flag program.
5. Discuss and consider adopting an order granting an exemption under Section 262.024 of the Texas Local Government Code for construction management services; Discuss and consider selection of Advanced Construction Management for professional construction management services related to Intergovernmental Services Agreement (IGSA) projects and related matters; Discuss and consider approval of agreement with Advanced Construction related to IGSA; Discuss and consider Work Authorization; and related matters.
6. Discuss and consider the authorization of premiums for a one-year policy term for Property and Casualty Insurance, per Broker of Record.
7. Discuss and consider funding source and approval of a proposal from TMI Solutions LLC for the topographic survey of the potential Bob Hall Pier Parking Lot, Access Rd 6 and surrounding area.
8. Discuss and consider a temporary Construction Easement and Right of Way to the University of Texas at Austin, Marine Science Institute (UTMSI) related to UTMSI's construction of student housing on property adjoining county-owned property near I.B. Magee Beach Park, and related matters.
9. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 6 from Geofill Material Technologies for no cost time extension.
10. Discuss and consider funding for County Animal Care facility, including 2021 Certificates of Obligation.
11. Discuss and consider Second Amendment to Work Authorization No. 1 with Lockwood, Andrews, Newnam, Inc. regarding Program Management Services providing for reduction in Estimated Cost.
12. Receive presentation/report on COVID expenses submitted to FEMA and reimbursed to date.
13. Discuss and consider funding source for the 2022 Innovative Readiness Training (IRT) Nueces Medical Mission.
14. Discuss the removal of courtroom chairs from the Nueces County Courthouse and related matters.
15. Discuss County generator Resiliency Project, including any update from program manager.
16. Discuss and consider recording executive session meetings, identifying a funding source for the needed equipment, and related matters.
17. Discuss and consider the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of the Nueces County Fire Marshal, pursuant to Sec. 551.074 of the Texas Government Code.
18. Discuss and consider reallocating the funds for the Fire Marshal position and related matters.
19. Discuss and consider the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of the Human Resources Director, pursuant to Sec. 551.074 of the Texas Government Code.
20. Discuss and consider settlement agreement related to former medical examiner's separation from county employment and related matters.
21. Discuss and consider taking action on notice of damages received from Tamara Gonzales regarding her deceased son; and related matters.
22. Discuss and consider Game Room Regulations and Application, and other related matters.
1. Discuss and consider contract extension with the Texas Community and Housing Affairs related to the Texas Emergency Mortgage Program (TEMAP), or alternatively de-obligating remaining funds.
1. Discuss and consider making a finding for the method of solicitation for Richard Borchard Fairgrounds area development; authorize publishing notice; approve order.
1. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the month of September 2021.
2. Discuss and consider approval of payments received from the City/County Public Health District invoices from January and February 2022.
3. Approve Budget Change Order No. 13 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
4. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 109.
1. Discuss and consider continuing supplemental pay for the new Office Manager for the Sheriff Department.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
May 25, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular