1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
E. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Conduct interviews of applicants for the appointment of Nueces County Sheriff.
2. Discuss and consider appointment of Nueces County Sheriff pursuant to Section 87.041 of the Texas Local Government Code; establishing an effective date; and related matters.
3. Discuss and consider approving an order regarding the disposition of the Historic Nueces County Courthouse located along Interstate Highway 37, at 1101 Mesquite Street: A. make a finding of the method of procurement (Texas Local Government Code-Section 263.007 (a),(b)(1)-(4)) for the sale of real property through a sealed-proposal procedure; B. adopt a sealed proposal procedure for this sale of real property as set out in this Order and authorize and direct the purchasing agent to carry out the Proposal Procedure and take such other action needed in her opinion be necessary for carrying out this procedure; C. authorize the purchasing agent or her designee to order an appraisal of the real property through a licensed appraiser if a sale; D. authorize the purchasing agent to publish notice for sealed proposals under Section 263.007 of the Texas Local Government Code; E. authorize the purchasing agent to issue addenda, when needed, in this Request for Proposals; F. appoint an evaluation committee for sealed proposals under Section 263.007 of the Texas Local Government Code as the designated representative to evaluate the proposals submitted for the RFP.
4. Discuss and consider course of action related to the former leased premises (Port Aransas Computer Center) located at 430 N. Alister, Port Aransas, Texas.
1. Rescind resolution of April 25, 2018 for the Operation Trail Boss project; adopt a revised resolution authorizing the submission of an application to the Office of the Governor, Homeland Security Grants Division for the Local Border Security Program; and ratify the acceptance of the grant award for the Local Border Security project.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3079-18 Nueces County I.B. Magee Beach Park Phase 1-Lift Station Reconstruction.
2. Discuss and award IFB No. 3084-18 Mowing Services for Nueces County Airport.
1. Approve the Verification of 2018 Certification of Tax Levy for Nueces County General Fund, Nueces County Farm-to-Market, and Nueces County Hospital District as previously submitted by the Nueces County Tax Assessor-Collector pursuant to Section 26.09(e) of the Texas Property Tax Code.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 25 for Fiscal Year 2017-2018 and Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 72.
3. Authorize and approve revised Nueces County Pay Schedule A, reflecting the 2% cost of living pay increase effective October 1, 2018.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
6. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
A. Nueces County Emergency Services District #2
B. Nueces County Hospital District Board of Managers.
C. Nueces County Animal Control Advisory Committee
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Oct 17, 2018 Commissioners Court - Regular