1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Discuss and consider a protest letter from Frontier Waste Solutions in reference to IFB No. 3082-18 Solid Waste Collection & Disposal Service (Dumpsters) County Properties Only.
2. Discuss and consider the hiring of a real estate agent, Joe Adame and Associates; discuss and consider approving a personal services contract, Commercial Real Estate Listing Agreement, with Joe Adame and Associates for the sale of the 1914 Old Courthouse and related matters.
3. Discuss solutions for regional flooding and associated impacts to Nueces County.
4. Discuss and consider changes and signage cost for the "Marvin and Laura Berry Pavilion," at the Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds.
5. Discuss and consider acceptance of the resignation of the Nueces County Sheriff, pursuant to Section 201.001(a) of the Texas Election Code.
6. Discuss and consider the process for filling the vacancy in the Office of Sheriff, pursuant to Section 87.041 of the Texas Local Government Code.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 24 for Fiscal Year 2017-2018.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 1 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
3. Authorize and approve Nueces County Pay Schedules A and E reflecting the 2% cost of living pay increase effective October 1, 2018.
4. Approve monthly financial report for the month of July 2018.
5. Discuss and consider reclassification of Magistrate Judge as approved by the board of judges.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Oct 03, 2018 Commissioners Court - Regular