1. CALL TO ORDER
E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of the Veterans Memorial Girls Basketball Team on their achievements.
2. In recognition of the Veterans Memorial Boys Basketball Program on their accomplishments.
3. In recognition of the month of May 2022 as Foster Care Awareness Month.
4. In recognition of May 19, 2022, as National Stop the Bleed Day.
5. In support of public health interim charge related to study of fentanyl-related overdoses in Texas and Be Well Texas at UT Health San Antonio’s work related to this charge.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
1. April 27, 2022 May 5, 2022
1. Nueces County Beach Management Advisory Committee
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
H. Approve Amendment No. 6 to Sublease agreement with Christus Spohn Health System and Nueces County for COVID-19 operations effective January 1, 2022 providing for extension to February 28, 2022 and lease rate reduction.
M. Authorize order granting an exemption under Section 262.024 of the Texas Local Government Code; approve selection of Dr. Ray Fernandez for professional licensed physician services related to Nueces County Medical Examiner’s Office; approve agreement with Ray Fernandez, M.D., PLLC providing licensed physician services related to the Nueces County Medical Examiner’s Office, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider Game Room Regulations and Application, and other related matters.
2. Receive update regarding "American World War II Heritage City" regional application submission with the National Park Service.
3. Discuss and consider approval of Memorandum of Understanding with the Coastal Bend Food Bank of Corpus Christi for the benefit of the Keach Family Library, Bishop Branch Library, Law Library relating to making the Food Bank's Backpack program available to all participating in the 2022 Summer Library Programs.
4. Discuss and consider approval of a grant award from the Texas General Land Office, Project of Special Merit (PSM) grant related to a living shoreline project and public access elements at Packery Channel Nature Park.
5. Discuss and consider Coastal Parks request for additional funding for fuel for underground storage tanks at Packery Maintenance Yard.
6. Discuss and consider the allocation of the sales proceeds from the Alister Street property in Port Aransas to county projects.
7. Discuss and consider status regarding Policy and Procedures for Wetlands Mitigation pursuant to engagement letter with Baker Wotring LLP executed January 22, 2020, and related matters.
8. Discuss and consider ratification of Premium Pay under the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) for law enforcement to include Constables and Sheriff in the Nueces County Collective Bargaining Agreement.
9. Discuss and consider funding of repairs to office infrastructure at the Medical Examiner’s Office to provide a safe and efficient working environment, after the elevated use during the COVID-19 Pandemic, and other related matters.
11. Discuss and consider the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of the Nueces County Fire Marshal, pursuant to Sec. 551.074 of the Texas Government Code.
12. Discuss and consider whether the current Nueces County Fire Marshal meets the requirements set out in the job description when he was hired, and all related matters.
13. Discuss the removal of courtroom chairs from the Nueces County Courthouse and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Amendment No. 1 with the Texas Water Development Board related to Master Plan Drainage Study.
1. Discuss and consider adopting a resolution approving entering into an advance funding agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) for the 2020 Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) projects awarded to Nueces County; authorize the recommendation of bidding Nueces County HSIP Projects.
1. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the month of September 2021.
2. Discuss and consider Postage as an addition to Vendor Payments Exception List not requiring Commissioners Court pre-approval.
3. Approve Budget Change Order No. 11 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
4. Approve Budget Change Order No. 12 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
5. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 108.
6. Discuss and consider retention supplemental pay of 20% for Nueces County Law Enforcement employees within the Collective Bargaining Agreement including Cadets.
7. Discuss and consider approval of payments received from the City/ County Public Health District invoices from February 2022.
1. Discuss and consider selection of an applicant to fill the position of Public Information Officer.
2. Discuss and Consider changing the District Attorney Felony Chief Position from a pay group 43 to a pay group 41.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
May 11, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular