1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
E. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
1. Nuri Rodriguez, Tax Assessor-Collector (Voter Registration), retiring after 31 years of service to Nueces County.
2. 2018 Primary Student Election Clerks
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
Items A, C, & G
H. Amend NCF-1 to clarify reclassification/ deletion of a Misdemeanor Attorney I, Pay Group 29 position to an Investigator Interdiction Specialist, Pay Group 28 in the District Attorney's Office, Department #3520. Authorized March 14, 2018 Commissioners Court.
2. Discuss and award RFP No. 3072-18 Property and Casualty Insurance.
1. Presentation on 2018 Tyler Excellence Award to the Nueces County Sheriff's Office and Information Technology.
2. Discuss and consider approval to implement a Trained Canine Therapy Program for residents detained at the Robert N. Barnes facility.
3. Discuss and consider adopting an Order prohibiting outdoor burning in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County, pursuant to Section 352.081 of the Texas Local Government Code.
B. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
1. Discuss and consider accepting the Conditional Certificate of Completion for Hazel Bazemore Park - Ravine A, issued by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
2. Discuss and consider cancellation of an Architectural Services Contract with Turner, Ramirez & Associates, Inc., dated June 21, 2016, and modified by Supplemental Agreement No. 1, dated November 1, 2017, for the replacement and/or modification of the existing emergency generators at the McKinzie Jail Annex.
3. Discuss and consider approving an Architectural Services Contract with Turner, Ramirez & Associates, Inc. for preparation of plans, specifications, and construction observation for the replacement of the emergency generators at the McKinzie Jail Annex.
4. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 10 for the McKinzie Jail Annex Dormitory Renovation Project.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. IFB 3073-18 McKinzie Jail Annex Fire Alarm System Replacement Project.
3. Discuss and award IFB No. 3071-18 County Road 40 Paving Improvements from FM 1694 to Robstown City Limits.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 14 for fiscal year 2017-2018 list and backup.
2. Discuss and consider reclassifying the Budget Accounting Supervisor (job code 2907) from a pay group 28 to pay group 30.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
May 10, 2018 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting