1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
1. Dr. Sue Nelson - 2018 Education Hall of Fame - Oklahoma University.
2. Recognizing student election clerks for the 2018 Primary Election.
F. Present the following Certificate(s) of Recognition:
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
Items 3A & 3B
I. Approve and enter into agreement with Enterprise on the rental of grant funded vehicles for the Nueces County Sheriff's Office.
1. Receive presentation by Dr. Sarah Scott, Texas A & M University-Corpus Christi, Department of Social Sciences on the Community First Village Project.
2. Receive report on the 2018 Coastal Bend Hurricane Conference by the Nueces County Emergency Management Coordinator.
3. Receive a report from Linebarger, Goggan, Blair and Sampson, LLC, on the status of delinquent tax accounts in Nueces County.
4. Receive presentation from Iain Vasey, President/CEO of the Corpus Christi Regional Economic Development Corp., on the economic status of the region.
5. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 1, an increase of $88,090.63 for the ADA Modifications at Hilltop Community Center, Commissioner's Office, Pass It On Building, and Bill Bode Building.
6. Discuss and consider the execution of an Engineering Service Contract with LJA Engineering for County Road 35 paving improvements from Saratoga Boulevard to County Road 26A.
7. Approve Election Day Vote Centers for the 27th Congressional District Special Election (Election Code Sec. 43.007(e)).
1. Discuss and consider authorizing the submission of an application for the Coastal Bend Community Foundation (CBCF) 2018 annual grant program.
2. Discuss and consider the submission of an application to the Texas State Library and Archives Commission for participation in the 2018 Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Lending Reimbursement Program.
3. Discuss and consider the execution of a Memorandum of Agreement between the Public Policy Research Institute, Texas A&M University and Nueces County, Nueces County District Clerk, and Nueces County Sheriff, in relation to the FY2018 Indigent Defense Technical Support Grant/Pre-Trial Assessment Initiative.
4. Discuss and consider the submission of a grant application to the Office of Justice Programs (OJP) Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) for the 2018 Bulletproof Vests Partnership program.
5. Discuss and consider the submission of a grant application to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department for a conservation grant for the Native Habitat Plant Nursery project.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 15 for Fiscal year 2017-2018.
2. Monthly Financial Report
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
6. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
May 23, 2018 Commissioners Court - Regular