1. CALL TO ORDER
D. RECESS COMMISSIONERS COURT MEETING OPEN PUBLIC HEARING PUBLIC HEARING - The Commissioners Court will conduct a public hearing to consider modifications to the existing Dune Protection Line, pursuant to the Nueces County Beach Management Plan. CLOSE PUBLIC HEARING RECONVENE COMMISSIONERS COURT MEETING
E. Approve the following Minutes:
F. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Adopt a resolution authorizing the submission of an application to the Office of the Governor, Homeland Security Grants Division for the Operation Trail Boss project.
Items 1G, 4F 1, & 4F 2
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Discuss and consider a presentation from the County Engineer regarding county roads, including CR 77, due for upgrades during the 2018 budget year and set county road repair priorities; and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider execution of lease agreement with the Texas Boll Weevil Eradication Foundation, Inc., for continuing their lease of the old Showbarn Armory Building in Robstown, Texas.
3. Discuss and consider selection of LJA Engineering for engineering services for County Road 35 paving improvements from Saratoga Boulevard to County Road 26A.
4. Discuss and consider adopting an Order prohibiting outdoor burning in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County, pursuant to Section 352.081 of the Texas Local Government Code.
1. Discuss and consider the creating and unfreezing of a Public Health Technician-II (Grade 201) position in the STD-HIV grant.
1. Discuss and consider (1) the selection of Brannon Corporation to provide contract administration and project inspection for expanding the apron at the Nueces County Airport, and (2) approve an Engineering Services Contract for the above services.
2. Discuss and consider accepting the Final Certificate of Completion for Hazel Bazemore Park Ravine B, Brush Removal, issued by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
3. Discuss and consider the approval of an amendment to the Road Improvements and Maintenance Agreement with Patriot Wind Farm, LLC, dated May 8, 2017.
4. Discuss and consider release of Cayentano Development, LLC pursuant to Subdivision Construction Agreement regarding Granado Estates Subdivision, including release of any Letter of Credit and related matters.
5. Discuss and consider a Resolution and Order to amend the existing Nueces County Beach Management Plan, by adopting a new Dune Protection Line.
1. Discuss and award RFP No. 3072-18 Property and Casualty Insurance.
2. Discuss and award IFB No. 3071-18 County Road 40 Paving Improvements from FM 1694 to Robstown City Limits.
3. Approve Budget Change Order No. 13 for Fiscal Year 2017-2018.
4. Approve Capital Projects Budget Change Order No. 66.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
6. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
Apr 25, 2018 Commissioners Court - Regular