1. CALL TO ORDER
E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of the Flour Bluff Girls Basketball Team.
2. In recognition of the London Girls Basketball Team.
3. In recognition of the Robstown High School Powerlifting Team State Championship 2022.
4. In recognition of National Correctional Officers and Employees Week, May 1-7, 2022.
5. In recognition of National Police Week, May 11-17, 2022.
6. In recognition of the month of May 2022 as Mental Health Awareness Month.
1. April 19, 2022 April 20, 2022
K. Approve method of procurement (request for proposals) for Nueces County Sheriff’s Office Jail Transport Services; authorize Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an Order delegating selection to an Evaluation Committee.
L. Approve method of procurement (request for proposals) for Janitorial Services; authorize Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an Order delegating selection to an Evaluation Committee.
1. Receive presentation of a check from Kevin Gibbs, Horticulture Agent, Texas Agrilife Extension Service, representing the number of volunteer hours given to the community by Agrilife Extension volunteers, including Master Gardeners and Master Naturalists, 4-H, Wellness volunteers, Youth Ambassadors and related matters.
2. Receive presentation from Nueces County Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities (NCMHID) regarding Certified Community Behavioral Health Center (CCBHC).
3. Receive presentation from City of Corpus Christi Parks and Recreation Department and HALFF & Associates, Inc., regarding 10-Year Parks and Recreation Master Plan.
4. Discuss and consider approving resolution in support of Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority exploration of grant opportunities (5339 (B) Grant) to finance Robstown Park and Ride Station and Maintenance Bus Barn Project to be constructed on County-owned property adjacent to the Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds Parking Lot.
5. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 2 for a no-cost time extension to the Professional Services Contract with Advanced Construction Management related to the I.B. Magee Park Office Restoration Project.
6. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit Exemption for a single-family residence with a pool DPP-202202-01e located at 102 Bikini Dr., Corpus Christi, TX.
7. Discuss and consider Juvenile Justice Center repair/upgrade needs, including a second courtroom.
8. Discuss and consider setting Commissioners Court meeting date to discuss plan for expenditure of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds, and related matters.
9. Discuss and consider allocation of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds as survivor benefits to surviving spouse of former Nueces County employee, Raul Salazar.
10. Discuss and consider personal services agreement with Rey Fernandez, M.D. for interim Medical Examiner services.
11. Discuss and consider personnel issues, including compensation package for incoming Medical Examiner, and related matters.
12. Discuss and consider termination of Extension of Disaster Declaration resulting from flooding from Tropical Storm Hanna approved by Nueces County Commissioners Court on July 31, 2020, which remains active, but is no longer needed, and other related matters.
13. Discuss and consider termination of Extension of Disaster Declaration resulting from the threat on the 12th day of February 2021 related to prolonged freezing temperatures, possible heavy snow and possible freezing rain approved by Nueces County Commissioners Court on February 19, 2021, which remains active, but is no longer needed, and other related matters.
14. Discuss and consider termination of Extension of Declaration of Local Disaster Rain and Flooding that began on the 19th day of May 2021 and approved by Nueces County Commissioners Court on May 25, 2021, which remains active, but is no longer needed, and other related matters.
15. Discuss and consider termination of Extension of Declaration of Local Disaster Rain and Flooding that began on the 7th day of July 2021 and approved by Nueces County Commissioners Court on July 14, 2021, which remains active, but is no longer needed, and other related matters.
16. Discuss and consider terminating Nueces County Declaration of Disaster Due to Public Health Emergency originally signed March 13, 2020.
17. Discuss and consider action regarding settlement demand in Case No. 2:21-CV-194; Daniel Benavidez v. Nueces County, et al.; In the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas; Corpus Christi Division.
18. Discuss and consider action regarding settlement demand in Case No. 2:21-CV-143; Adan Deleon v. Nueces County et al., In the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas; Corpus Christi Division.
19. Discuss and consider the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of the Human Resources Director, pursuant to Sec. 551.074 of the Texas Government Code.
21. Discuss and consider whether Fire Marshal meets the job requirements as outlined in his job description when he was hired. Discuss and consider whether the current Nueces County Fire Marshal meets the requirements set out in the job description, and all related matters.
1. Discuss and consider Supplemental Agreement No. 2 for contract extension between Nueces County and Hanson Professional Services Inc. to provide stormwater management services associated with the county's Texas Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (TPDES) Multi-Sector General Permits (MSGPs) and Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit.
2. Discuss and consider approval of an amended temporary construction easement agreement between Kinder Morgan Tejas Pipeline LLC and Nueces County for a staging area while making repairs to an existing pipeline.
3. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 4 with Phoenix I Restoration for the Nueces County Courthouse Exterior Wall Remediation Project.
5. Discuss and consider entering into an advance funding agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) for the 2020 Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) projects awarded to Nueces County; authorized recommending the letting (bidding) of the Nueces County HSIP Projects.
6. Discuss and consider approval of an Amended Change Order No. 1 for the Nueces County Roadway Rehabilitation Projects County Road 67, County Road 69, County Road 77 & Bauer Road.
7. Discuss and consider execution of an American Institute of Architects (AIA) Service Contract with CLK Architects for accessibility improvements to various County facilities.
1. Discuss and consider award and execution of agreement with Rochester Armored Car Services for IFB No. 3183-21 Armored Car Services.
2. Discuss and consider selection for CSP No. 3192-22 Infrastructure Construction for Emergency Generators at Courthouse, Main Jail and Jail Annex.
3. Authorize TASB BuyBoard Contract No. 616-20 purchase with Ricoh USA to lease five (5) copiers under Master Lease Agreement No. OS858.
4. Discuss and consider selection for IFB No. 3191-22 Heavy Equipment for Public Works.
5. Discuss and consider selection for RFP No. 3189-22 Consulting Services for the Hazard Mitigation Action Plan (HMAP) Update.
6. Discuss and consider selection for RFP No. 3182-21 Disaster Debris Monitoring.
1. Receive presentation of the 2021-2022 Annual Comprehensive Financial Report to the court by Dale Atchley, Nueces County Auditor.
1. Discuss and consider a pay increase for the Grants Writer position in the Grants Administration department.
1. Discuss and consider funding of the Information Technology infrastructure project providing for updated network components, updated datacenter, and enhanced cybersecurity; Approve finding for method of procurement (Request for Competitive Bid) for Cybersecurity Equipment and authorize Purchasing Agent to publish notice.
2. Discuss and consider purchase of SoftCode County Law Enforcement Civil Service Management & Reporting Application and eCitation County Law Enforcement Civil Service Management & Reporting Application.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Apr 27, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular