1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
1. Nueces County Safe Digging Month - April 2018.
2. Cesar Chavez Week - March 25 to March 31, 2018.
3. Recognizing Pablo Gonzales for his 31 years of service to the Nueces County Coastal Parks Office; present certificate of retirement.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
O. Ratify approval of PACE Contract No. PO 0159 cooperative purchase with Belfor to make repairs to the Horace Caldwell Concession Building for damage caused by Hurricane Harvey.
1. Discuss and consider renaming the Central Pavilion Arena at the Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds, the "Marvin and Laura Berry Pavilion," with initial funding for signage in the amount of $10,000 provided by Commissioner Precinct #1.
2. Discuss and consider adopting a resolution in support of Nueces County Hospital District funding and furtherance of mental health-related community collaborative programs as set out in their Board of Managers resolution relating to diversion of persons from jails or other detention facilities for the purpose of providing mental health services for the remainder of FY 2018 with such programs to be provided by or through the Behavioral Health Center of Nueces County.
3. Discuss and consider approving Amendments to the Membership Agreement between Nueces County Hospital District, Christus Health, and Christus Spohn Health System Corporation; including: a. First Amendment relating to indemnification, escrow account withdrawals, and trauma and emergency department services; and b. Second Amendment relating to written notice to terminate.
4. Discuss and consider selection of International Consulting Engineering (ICE) for engineering services for the Petronila Drainage Improvement Project and execute contract.
5. Receive a presentation by the ADA Coordinator on Department of Justice ADA Settlement Agreement; Approve proposal to be submitted to the Department of Justice.
6. Discuss and consider selection of Lockwood, Andrews, & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) to provide engineering services related to assessment and reconstruction of the IB Magee Multi-Purpose Center damaged by Hurricane Harvey; Authorize execution of a Professional Services Contract with LAN.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing submission of a grant application to the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) under the FY2017 State Criminal Alien Assistance Program (SCAAP) for reimbursement of costs related to incarcerating undocumented criminal aliens.
Items 4C 1 & 4C 2
1. Discuss and award RFQ No. 3066-18 Engineering or Architect services to review FEMA's scope of damages from Hurricane Harvey.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No.10 for Fiscal Year 2017-2018 and Budget Change Order No. 23 for Fiscal Year 2016-2017.
2. Approve Capital Projects Budget Change Order No. 64 for Fiscal Year 2017-2018.
3. Discuss and consider reclassifying Misdemeanor Attorney 1, Pay Group 29, to Investigator, Interdiction Specialist, Pay Group 28, in the Office of District Attorney.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Mar 14, 2018 Commissioners Court - Regular