1. CALL TO ORDER
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Receive the annual report on 2017 activities of the Nueces County Historical Commission as presented by Anita Eisenhauer.
D. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
2. Receive a presentation from Rebecca Flanigan, Deputy Director of Litigation, Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid, on FY 2016-2017 activities; approve Fiscal Year 2017-2018 contract.
3. Receive a presentation from the County Clerk on legislative changes in voting laws, including those related to mail-in ballots.
4. Receive an update from the ADA Coordinator on Nueces County activities related to the 2015 Settlement Agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice, including status of priority facilities to date.
5. Discuss and consider execution of an Engineering Services Contract with International Consulting Engineering (ICE) for a drainage study regarding County Road 69 through detention pond and ditch improvements.
6. Discuss and consider insurance coverage on the Sheriff's Department water patrol vessel.
1. Receive information related to recent contract changes to the Texas Department of Agriculture Contract No. 7215115 Colonia Fund: Construction (CFC), in relation to The Ranch colonia.
2. Discuss and consider the execution of a grant agreement accepting an award from the Texas Department of Agriculture Home-Delivered Meal Grant Program.
3. Discuss and consider the acceptance of a grant award from the Office of the Governor, Criminal Justice Division for the Nueces County Rifle-Resistant Body Armor Project.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 8 for the McKinzie Jail Annex Dormitory Renovation Project.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3063-17 Personnel Services.
2. Discuss and award IFB No. 3064-17 Land for Lease, Jim Wells & Live Oak.
1. a. Approve Budget Change Order No. 07 for FY 2017-2018 b. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 61 c. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 62
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
6. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jan 17, 2018 Commissioners Court - Regular