1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
1. 2018 Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration and Commemorative March - January 15, 2018.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
M. Authorize making a finding for the method of procurement (request for qualifications) for engineering or architect services to review FEMA produced scopes of the damages sustained by Hurricane Harvey to County properties; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
N. Authorize making a finding for the method of procurement (request for proposal) to develop and Operate a Wildlife Rescue & Rehabilitation Facility at Visitors Center at Packery Channel Nature Preserve Park; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
1. Receive a briefing from Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) officials regarding the Hurricane Harvey recovery efforts.
2. Ratify execution of second amendment to real estate sales contract with Nueces County Courthouse Development Partners, LLC, related to the Historic 1914 Nueces County Courthouse.
3. Discuss and consider accepting proposal for leasing office space at 5725 Padre Island Dr. for the purpose of relocating the Justice of the Peace Precinct 2-1 office.
4. Discuss the board appointment of Richard L. Bowers to the Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County and receive a presentation on the legislative bill/law on the term limits.
5. Discuss what is required or process for a Nueces County citizen to apply or express an interest in submitting their name for the position of Nueces County Commissioner Pct. 1 or if a special election will be required since Commissioner Pct. 1 Mike Pusley announced back in October 2017 that he is running for County Judge in 2018.
6. Discuss reviewing all county board appointments and requirements including setting term limits for the Nueces County Hospital District Board of Managers.
7. Ratify Supplemental Agreement No. 1 with JKS Engineering Co., P.L.L.C. for additional engineering services for the Phase I Park Expansion project at I.B. Magee Beach Park, including a (1) year extension.
8. Discuss and consider a request from R&O Energy to have Right of Access to the County owned property in Kleberg County to survey an area for a potential pipeline crossing.
1. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 1 with Gourley Contractors, LLC. For IFB No. 3048-17 Berlanga Community Center Renovations.
2. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 2 with Gourley Contractors, LLC. For IFB No. 3048-17 Berlanga Community Center Renovations.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3060-17 Law Enforcement Uniforms.
2. Discuss and award IFB No. 3061-17 Multi-Aircraft Hangar for Lease.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 06 for Fiscal Year 2017-2018.
2. Receive presentation on November 2017 Monthly Expense Report.
3. Approve Quarterly Investment Report dated September 30, 2017.
6. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
CONVENE MEETING OF ROAD DISTRICT IV
Jan 03, 2018 Commissioners Court - Regular