1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following minutes: 1. November 14, 2017 2. November 17, 2017
E. Present the following Certificate(s) of Recognition:
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
P. Discuss and consider making a finding for the method of procurement (request for qualifications) for engineering services to develop design plans and specifications for the Hazel Bazemore Park Boat Ramp Phase II Project; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
1. Receive annual report on Corpus Christi compliance with ozone standards by Gretchen Arnold, Chair, Corpus Christi Air Quality Group.
2. Receive a briefing related to the upcoming Urban Leadership Agriculture Academy, as presented by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service.
3. Receive update on the Hurricane Harvey recovery efforts from the Emergency Management Coordinator.
4. Discuss and consider authorizing the County Judge to execute Amendment No. 3 to Airport Participation Agreement between the Texas Department of Transportation and Nueces County related to construction of a new terminal at the Nueces County Airport.
5. Discuss and clarify procedure or process of appointment or special election for the position of County Commissioner Precinct 1.
6. Review and approval of the Job Description of the Director of Office of Commissioners Court Administration (OCCA); Open position immediately with closing on January 31, 2018. (Part 1 of 2)
1. Discuss and consider approval of the Health District Director's appointment of Dr. William Burgin as the Health Authority for the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District, pursuant to Texas Health and Safety Code 121.045.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 2 to an Engineering Services Contract with Stridde, Callins & Associates, Inc. to extend the termination date.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a Financial Guarantee for Improvements Agreement with Maria C. Martinez and Jesus Perez and Joana V. Perez for improvements in the Santa Maria Acres Subdivision located in County Commissioner Precinct No. 4.
6. Review and approval of the Job Description of the Director of Office of Commissioners Court Administration (OCCA); Open position immediately with closing on January 31, 2018. (Part 2 of 2)
F. Discuss and consider adopting a resolution in opposition to Senate Bill 4, 85th Regular Session of the Texas Legislature.
1. Discuss and award IFB 3059-17 Aggregate Type PB, Grade 4S, LRA (Limestone Rock Asphalt).
2. Discuss and award IFB 3058-17 Land for Lease, Jim Wells & Live Oak Counties.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 05 for Fiscal Year 2017-2018.
2. Discuss and consider approving the Federal Equitable Sharing Agreement and Certification for Sheriff Department.
3. Discuss and consider the acceptance of $1,700.00 contribution the JP Judicial Fund for special purposes.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Christus Spohn Health System Board of Trustees
B. Nueces County Airport Advisory Board
C. Nueces County Beach Management Advisory Committee
D. Nueces County Child Welfare Board
E. Nueces County Historical Commission
F. Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Dec 13, 2017 Commissioners Court - Regular