1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
E. RECESS MEETING OPEN PUBLIC HEARING PUBLIC HEARING: The Nueces County Commissioners Court will conduct a public hearing to receive public comment on the designation of a zone for temporary property tax abatement to be established under Chapter 312 of the Texas Tax Code. The establishment of the zone is at the request of Epic Y-Grade Logistics, LP, and the zone would be on the west side of Violet Road (County Road 24), approximately 2.4 miles north of State Highway 44. CLOSE PUBLIC HEARING RECONVENE REGULAR MEETING
1. Resolution Celebrating National Nurse Practitioner Week, November 12-18.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
E. Approve personnel actions of a budgeted nature: 1. Unfreeze List #768 2. Temp List #426 3. Personnel Changes Reports dated November 10, 2017 and November 17, 2017.
I. Authorize the acceptance of $1,293.73 in contributions to the "Friends of the Courthouse, $500.00 contribution to the Emergency Training Fund; $9,836.78 contribution to Social Services Department; $6,000.00 contribution to County Commissioner's Precinct 1, $20,100; contributions to Constable Precinct 2 special revenue account; $2,441.10 contribution to the Library Board; and $600.00 contribution to JP Judicial Fund for special purposes.
L. Approve the following Tax Deed(s) and highest minimum bid to date: 1. Lot 25, Block 1, Flour Bluff Gardens, in the amount of $8,500.00 2. Lot 26, Block 3, Carver Addition, in the amount of $12,500.00 3. Lot 9-E, Blake Addition, in the amount of $4,000.00 4. Lot 25, Block 1, Central Park Unit 1, in the amount of $3,500.00 5. Lot 22, Block 2, Christi Park #3, in the amount of $10,000.00 6. Lot 3, Block 12, Lawndale Subdivision, in the amount of $10,000.00 7. Lots 1 and 2, Block A, La Bahia Addition, in the amount of $15,999.00
1. Discuss and consider adopting an Order Designating the Epic Zone within Nueces County, Texas, as a reinvestment zone, pursuant to the Property Redevelopment and Tax Abatement Act (Chapter 312 of the Texas Tax Code), to be located on the west side of Violet Road (CR 24), approximately 2.4 miles north of SH 44.
2. Discuss and consider adopting an Order authorizing the execution of an Agreement with Epic Y-Grade Logistics, LP, providing for a Temporary Tax Abatement, pursuant to Chapter 312 of the Texas Tax Code.
3. Receive a presentation from Melissa Hofstetter, Executive Director, Coastal Bend Council on Alcohol & Drug Abuse on the Agency's FY 2016-2017 activities; and, approve FY 2017-2018 contract.
4. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 8 with TBC Commercial Construction to increase the contract amount relating to the Padre Balli Park Improvements, Phase 1 Project.
5. Ratify approval of Order Forms and General Terms and Conditions for West Proflex Online Legal Research with West Publishing Corporation for the County Attorney, District Attorney, and Judges of Nueces County.
6. Discuss and consider approval of proposed 2017 projects to be funded under the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) Street Improvement Program.
7. Ratify approval of Texas Association of Counties Risk Management Pool (TAC RMP) 2017 Workers' Compensation renewal for 2017 including all payments.
8. Discuss and consider adopting an Order prohibiting outdoor burning in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County, pursuant to Section 352.081 of the Texas Local Government Code.
1. Discuss and consider execution of Amendment No. 1 to the Texas General Land Office - Beach Cleaning and Maintenance Assistance Agreement (GLO Contract No. 16-124-009).
1. Discuss and consider approval of a Financial Guarantee for Improvements Agreement with Maria C. Martinez and Eulysses F. Perez for improvements in the Santa Maria Acres Subdivision located in County Commissioner Precinct No. 4.
2. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 3 for the ADA Modifications - Calderon Building.
1. Discuss and award IFB 3058-17 Land for Lease, Jim Wells & Live Oak.
1. a. Approve Budget Change Order No. 04 for FY 2017-2018. b. Approve Project Budget Change Order No. 60.
2. Receive presentation on October 2017 Monthly Expense Report.
3. Approve monthly financial report for the month of September 2017.
Items E4 & E5
6. Discuss and consider creating a Trial Chief Position (Pay Group 40, Step 1) for the District Attorney's Office, and eliminating an Asset Forfeiture Position (Pay Group 33, Step 1).
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
6. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
Nov 29, 2017 Commissioners Court - Regular