1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
2. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving updates to the Nueces County Guidelines and Criteria for Granting Temporary Property Tax Abatements. (Part 1 of 2)
3. Discuss and consider adopting an Order Designating the Epic Zone within Nueces County, Texas, as a reinvestment zone, pursuant to the Property Redevelopment and Tax Abatement Act (Chapter 312 of the Texas Tax Code). (Part 1 of 2)
4. Receive an update from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Small Business Administration (SBA) on Hurricane Harvey recovery within Nueces County.
3. Discuss and consider adopting an Order Designating the Epic Zone within Nueces County, Texas, as a reinvestment zone, pursuant to the Property Redevelopment and Tax Abatement Act (Chapter 312 of the Texas Tax Code). (Part 2 of 2)
2. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving updates to the Nueces County Guidelines and Criteria for Granting Temporary Property Tax Abatements. (Part 2 of 2)
5. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 7 to add a 45-day extension of time to the contract for TBC Commercial Construction LLC.
Items 6 & 7
1. Discuss and consider the adoption of an Order by the Commissioners Court of Nueces County, Texas authorizing the issuance of Nueces County, Texas combination tax and revenue Certificates of Obligation, Series 2017 in an amount not to exceed $5,000,000 for the purpose of paying contractual obligations of the County incurred or to be incurred for making permanent public improvements and for other public purposes, to-wit (1) acquiring, designing, constructing, renovating, repairing and improving various County facilities to comply with the Americans With Disabilities Act and other federal laws; (2) upgrading and improving the County’s Information Technology Systems; (3) acquisition of equipment for the conduct of elections in Nueces County; (4) acquiring, designing, constructing, renovating, repairing, and improving various County parks system facilities; (5) construction of and improvements to various roads, bridges and drainage facilities throughout Nueces County; (6) purchase of materials, supplies, equipment, machinery, landscaping, land and rights-of-way in Nueces County for authorized needs and purposes related to the aforementioned capital improvements; (7) and the payment of professional, fiscal, engineering and legal fees incurred in connection therewith; providing for the payment of said certificates by the levy of an Ad Valorem Tax upon all taxable property within the County and further securing said certificates by a lien on and pledge of revenues of the Coastal Parks System; providing the terms and conditions of said certificates and resolving other matters incident and relating to the issuance, payment, security, sale, and delivery of said certificates; including the approval and distribution of an Official Statement; authorizing the execution of a Paying Agent/Registrar Agreement; and authorizing other matters relating to the Certificates.
1. Discuss and consider the execution of an interlocal agreement between Nueces County and the Community Supervisions and Corrections Department in relation to the FY 2018 Technical Support Grant/Pre-Trial Assessment Initiative.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 1 to an Architectural Services Contract with Turner, Ramirez & Associates, Inc. to extend the contract termination date.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 2 for Fiscal Year 2017-2018.
2. Approve Quarterly Investment Report Ending June 30, 2017.
3. Discuss and consider approval of Investment Vendor(s) as recommended by the Investment Committee; and discuss and consider removal of Investment Vendor(s) as recommended by the Investment Committee.
4. Discuss and consider approving an interfund loan up to a maximum of two million dollars ($2,000,000) for Hurricane Harvey costs and expenses as authorized by Resolution adopted by the Commissioners Court on September 13, 2017, with an effective date of October 1, 2017; and September 14, 2016, with an effective date of October 1, 2016.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Nueces County Tax Appraisal District
Nov 01, 2017 Commissioners Court - Regular