1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
1. Home Care and Hospice Month - November 2017.
2. National Disability Employment Awareness Month - October 2017.
F. Present the following Certificate(s) of Recognition:
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
F. Approve a personal services agreement with Crystal Lyons, related to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and accessibility services for Nueces County.
U. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for competitive bids) School Land Lease; and authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice.
1. Discuss and consider the adoption of an Order by the Commissioners Court of Nueces County, Texas authorizing the issuance of Nueces County, Texas combination tax and revenue Certificates of Obligation, Series 2017 in an amount not to exceed $5,000,000 for the purpose of paying contractual obligations of the County incurred or to be incurred for making permanent public improvements and for other public purposes, to-wit (1) acquiring, designing, constructing, renovating, repairing and improving various County facilities to comply with the Americans With Disabilities Act and other federal laws; (2) upgrading and improving the County’s Information Technology Systems; (3) acquisition of equipment for the conduct of elections in Nueces County; (4) acquiring, designing, constructing, renovating, repairing, and improving various County parks system facilities; (5) construction of and improvements to various roads, bridges and drainage facilities throughout Nueces County; (6) purchase of materials, supplies, equipment, machinery, landscaping, land and rights-of-way in Nueces County for authorized needs and purposes related to the aforementioned capital improvements; (7) and the payment of professional, fiscal, engineering and legal fees incurred in connection therewith; providing for the payment of said certificates by the levy of an Ad Valorem Tax upon all taxable property within the County and further securing said certificates by a lien on and pledge of revenues of the Coastal Parks System; providing the terms and conditions of said certificates and resolving other matters incident and relating to the issuance, payment, security, sale, and delivery of said certificates; including the approval and distribution of an Official Statement; authorizing the execution of a Paying Agent/Registrar Agreement; and authorizing other matters relating to the Certificates.
2. Discuss and consider execution of a Right of Entry Agreement with the City of Corpus Christi to survey County property at Packery Channel, for the purposes of locating a potential easement to run utility lines.
3. Receive a presentation from Wade H. Fjeld, Executive Director, Palmer Drug Abuse on the Agency's FY 2016-2017 activities; and, approve FY 2017-2018 contract.
4. Receive update on Nueces River flooding from the Emergency Management Coordinator.
5. Receive update on Hurricane Harvey recovery efforts from the Emergency Management Coordinator.
6. Discuss and consider authorizing a $200,000 increase in the County's contribution for the construction of the Nueces County Airport Terminal.
7. Discuss and consider approval of interlocal agreement with Robstown Independent School District and Nueces County for the use of the old showbarn horse stalls located on 900 E. Ave. J. - Robstown, Texas, to house show animals being raised pursuant to the School District sponsored FFA Program.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing the submission of a grant application for the 2018-2019 General Assistance grant made available through the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans’ Assistance Grant Program.
2. Discuss and consider acceptance of a grant award from the Office of the Governor, Homeland Security Grants Division for the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Enhancements Project.
3. Discuss and consider the submission of an application to the Texas Historical Commission for the Certified Local Government (CLG) grant program.
1. Receive a presentation on the status of appeals to the preliminary FEMA Floodplain Maps.
2. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 5 for the McKinzie Jail Annex Dormitory Renovation project.
3. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 1 for the County Road 69 Drainage Improvements.
4. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 6 for the McKinzie Jail Annex Dormitory Renovation project.
5. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 2 for the ADA Modifications - Calderon building.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3054-17 Uniform Rentals, Floor Mats, Shop Towels, Linens, and Scrubs.
2. Discuss and award IFB No. 3056-17 Multi-Aircraft Hangar for Lease.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Investment Vendor(s) as recommended by the Investment Committee; Discuss and consider removal of Investment Vendor(s) as recommended by the Investment Committee.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 1 for Fiscal Year 2017-2018.
3. Approve monthly financial report for the month of August 2017.
Oct 25, 2017 Commissioners Court - Regular