1. CALL TO ORDER
D. RECESS COMMISSIONERS COURT MEETING OPEN PUBLIC HEARING PUBLIC HEARING - The Commissioners Court will conduct a public hearing to consider modifications to the existing Dune Protection Line, pursuant to the Nueces County Beach Management Plan. CLOSE PUBLIC HEARING RECONVENE COMMISSIONERS COURT MEETING
E. Approve the following Minutes:
F. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Discuss and consider extension of Declaration of Disaster regarding Tropical Storm Harvey.
2. Receive presentation from financial advisors Estrada Hinojosa Investment Bankers on a plan of finance for the County issuing Certificates of Obligation.
Item 4A 3 (Part 1 of 2)
4. Receive a report from the Nueces County Library System on Summer Reading Statistics, Back Pack Food Program, and Special Projects including Tech You’re IT @ the Library 2.0 and 3.0.
Item 4A 3 (Part 2 of 2)
5. Discuss and consider appointing the Election Judges and Alternates for the November 7, 2017 Constitutional Amendment Election (Section 32.003 Election Code), and related matters.
6. Discuss and consider the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District entering into a contract with Dr. Linda A. Opot, Pharm.D. to provide professional services for the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District (“CCNCPHD”) in the capacity of the Pharmacist-in-Charge for the period August 1, 2017 through July 31, 2019; and authorize the Director of the CCNCPHD to sign on behalf of Nueces County.
7. Receive a report from the Nueces County Sheriff regarding the federal 287(g)program and the financial impact upon Nueces County.
1. Discuss and consider the execution of a grant award from the Texas Department of Emergency Management for the Nueces County Generator Project funded through the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program, Fall 2015 Floods, DR4245.
2. Discuss and consider the execution of a grant contract with the Texas State Library and Archives Commission for the FY2018 Special Projects Grant Program.
1. Discuss and consider a Resolution and Order to amend the existing Nueces County Beach Management Plan adjusting the Dune Protection Line, located generally 1,000 ft. landward.
Items C2 & C3
4. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 4 for the McKinzie Jail Annex Dormitory Renovation project.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3053-17 Copy Paper, Computer Paper, NCR Paper, and Envelopes.
2. Approve execution of an agreement with Gourley Contractors, LLC. for IFB No. 3048-17 Berlanga Community Center Renovations.
1. 1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 20 for Fiscal Year 2016-2017. 2. Approve Project Budget Change Order No. 57 for Fiscal Year 2016-2017.
2. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the month of June 2017.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
6. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
Aug 30, 2017 Commissioners Court - Regular