1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
E. Present the following Certificate(s) of Recognition:
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Discuss and consider selection of the Nueces County Bank Depository and the Nueces County Clerk and District Clerk Registry Funds Depository, in accordance with chapter 116 and 117 of the Texas Local Government Code.
2. Discuss and consider acceptance of a Drainage Easement and Right-of-Way from David Wayne Ainsworth, Sr. ("Grantor") and Donald Havelka and Carolyn R. Havelka, husband and wife; John K. Havelka and Neisha Vaughn Havelka; and Kristopher K. Havelka and Julie L. Havelka, husband and wife (“Grantors”), adjacent to County Road 69 in western Nueces County for the purpose of constructing and maintaining a ditch for drainage and/or irrigation and appurtenant equipment and fixtures.
3. Discuss and consider execution of an interlocal agreement with Water Control and Improvement District No. 3 regarding development of drainage canal intersecting with County Road 69 (between County Road 69 and Highway 77) including District’s relinquishment of such property and County’s (non-exclusive) assignment of canal for irrigation and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider rescinding the March 7, 2017 lease agreement with LYB Enterprises for continuation of office space usage for the Nueces County Community Supervision and Corrections Department at 4525 Gollihar Road; approve revised Lease Agreement with LYB Enterprises.
5. Discuss and consider execution of interlocal agreement with Banquete ISD for Hazard Mitigation Grant Program application.
6. Discuss and consider reclassifying positions and deleting one position in the Information Technology Department.
7. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 2 with Trace Finley for legislative consultant work related to the Governor's called Special Session.
1. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 3 with JE Construction Services for the Terry Shamsie Boulevard Reconstruction.
2. Discuss and consider the approval of Supplemental Agreement No.1 for an Engineering Services Contract with Hanson Professional Services, Inc., related to the County Road 52 Extension Project.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 15 for Fiscal Year 2016-2017.
2. Monthly Financial Report for the month of April 2017.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
6. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
Jun 21, 2017 Commissioners Court - Regular