1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
E. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
M. Approve the purchase of a firearm by a retiring law enforcement officer and establish the amount for which the firearm may be purchased.
P. Approve a sole source agreement with CaseWorthy, Inc. for a client data collection system with web-portal function.
Items K & L
I. Approve the following Tax Deed(s) and highest minimum bid to date: 1. Lot 10, Block 3, Rancho Amistad Subdivision, in the amount of $5,000.00 2. Lots 14 and 15, Block 28, Bishop Original Townsite, in the amount of $19,000.00 3. Lots 1 and 2, Block 10, Williams Addition to Bishop, in the amount of $1,000.00 4. The West 49 feet of Lot 7, Block 40, Bishop Original Townsite, in the amount of $15,000.00 5. Lots 3 and 4, Block 2, West End Addition to Robstown, in the amount of $500.00 6. Lots 22 and 23, Block 1, Compress Addition to Robstown, in the amount of $2,000.00 7. Lots 17 and 18, Block 3, Casa Blanca Addition to Robstown, in the amount of $1,000.00 8. Lot 21, Block 3, L.T. Messer Addition to Robstown, in the amount of $1,000.00 9. Lots 8 and 9, Block 2, Stafford Addition to Robstown, in the amount of $10,000.00 10. The West one-half of the 50 foot Lot, being a part of Lot “A”, Block 4, San Pedro Addition to Robstown, in the amount of $2,500.00 11. Lots 21 and 22, Block 4, Robstown Original Townsite, in the amount of $2,000.00 12. Lots 3 and 4, Block 12, Sands & Rice Addition to Robstown, in the amount of $5,000.00 13. Lot 30, Block 3, Casa Blanca Addition to Robstown, in the amount of $800.00 14. Lot 12-A, Block 4, Shoreline Park Addition to Corpus Christi, in the amount of $2,500.00 15. Lots 13 and 14, Block 22, Hillcrest Addition to Corpus Christi, in the amount of $2,500.00 16. Lots 7 and 8, Block 36, Hillcrest Addition to Corpus Christi, in the amount of $2,500.00 17. Lots 16 and 17, Block 30, Hillcrest Addition to Corpus Christi, in the amount of $2,500.00 18. The West 50 feet of Lots 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, Block 3, Hillcrest Addition to Corpus Christi, in the amount of $2,500.00 19. Lots 1 and 2, Block 9, Hillcrest Addition to Corpus Christi, in the amount of $2,500.00
BB. Approve Supplemental Agreement No. 1 with Trace Finley related to legislative consultant work on Senate Bill 277.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a Memorandum of Understanding with the Food Bank of Corpus Christi for the benefit of the Keach Family Library and Bishop Branch Library relating to making the Food Bank’s Backpack program available to all children participating in the 2017 Summer Library Programs.
3. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 4 with TBC Commercial Construction LLC, to increase the contract amount relating to the Padre Balli Park Improvements, Phase 1 Project.
4. Receive, open, and enter into minutes the applications for Nueces County Bank Depository, Nueces County Bank Subdepository(ies) and the Nueces County Clerk and District Clerk Registry Funds Depository, in accordance with chapter 116 and 117 of the Texas Local Government Code; adopt an order appointing a selection committee to review the applications and make recommendations to Commissioners Court.
5. Receive an update from the Emergency Management Coordinator on 2017 hurricane preparedness activities and planning.
6. Discuss and consider accepting the Nueces County Emergency Management Plan Annex M (Resource Management) as presented by the Nueces County Emergency Management Coordinator.
1. Adopt an order approving an Principal Forgiveness Agreement with the Texas Water Development Board for construction funding in relation to the Cindy Park colonia project and authorizing the County Judge to execute this agreement; discuss and consider the execution of a Note pursuant to the Principle Forgiveness Agreement; and discuss and consider execution of an Escrow Agreement with ValueBank Texas in accordance with the Principal Forgiveness Agreement with the Texas Water Development Board.
2. Adopt a water conservation plan in accordance with the Loan Forgiveness Agreement with the Texas Water Development Board for construction funding in relation to the Cindy Park colonia project.
3. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 1 to an Engineering Services Contract with LNV, Inc. for RFQ No. 2988-15 Ground Water Distribution System in Cindy Park Colonia.
1. Discuss and consider a Notice To Buyers for tax foreclosed properties in the unincorporated area of Nueces County.
2. Discuss and consider (1) the selection of Stridde Callins & Associates, Inc. to prepare plans and specifications for up-grading the emergency generators at the Courthouse-Jail Complex, and (2) approve an Engineering Services Contract to prepare plans and specifications and to provide assistance in construction inspection.
1. Discuss and award IFB 3041-17 Tuloso Midway Baseball Field Parking Lot and ADA Improvements.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 14 for Fiscal Year 2016-2017.
2. Consider and approve re-classifying the Health Information Coordinator (grade 215) to a Health Information Tech I position (grade 203). This reclassification has been reviewed and approved by Human Resources.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Item 6 & Adjournment in Memory
May 31, 2017 Commissioners Court - Regular