1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
E. Present the following Certificate(s) of Recognition:
2. PUBLIC COMMENT(Part 1 of 2): This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
M. Authorize execution of an agreement with CenturyLink Sales Solutions, Inc. for a phone switch and maintenance at the Port Aransas Building.
O. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request of competitive bids) for Bishop Community Center Improvements; and authorize the purchasing agent to publish a notice.
F. Approve personnel actions of a budgeted nature: 1. Temp List No. 405 2. Unfreeze List No. 743 3. Personnel Changes reports dated October 14, 2016
1. Discuss and consider approval of bond for Nueces County Constable Precinct No. 2. RECESS - The Commissioners Court will recess to allow the County Judge to swear in Constable Precinct No. 2. RECONVENE - The Commissioners Court will reconvene in regular session.
2. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 1, $2,585.82 decrease and Change Order No. 2, $22,594.00 increase with TBC Commercial Construction LLC., relating to the Padre Balli Park Improvements, Phase 1 Project. Net increase to project is $20,008.18.
3. Discuss and consider changing the Hours of Operation at the Nueces County Keach Family Library.
4. Discuss and consider approval of design of sign for "Oscar O. Ortiz Park."
1. Discuss and consider authorizing the submission of a grant application for the 2017-2018 General Assistance grant made available through the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans’ Assistance Grant Program.
2. Discuss and consider the acceptance of a grant award from the Office of the Governor, Criminal Justice Division for the Monitoring Offenders Against Women Project.
3. Discuss and consider acceptance of a set-aside grant award for the Emergency Food and Shelter Program Phase 33 made available through the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
4. Discuss and consider the acceptance of a grant award from the Ladd and Katherine Hancher Library Foundation for the Bishop Branch Library.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT(Part 2 of 2): This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
Oct 26, 2016 Commissioners Court - Regular