1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
E. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
5. Receive presentation by NOAA/National Weather Service on Nueces County earning the StormReady Community designation.
F. Present the following Certificate(s) of Recognition:
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Receive presentation from financial advisors Estrada Hinojosa Investment Bankers on a plan of finance for the County issuing Certificates of Obligation.
2. Discuss and consider the adoption of a resolution by the Commissioners Court of Nueces County, Texas authorizing and approving publication of a notice of intention to issue and sell one or more series of Certificates of Obligation in an amount not to exceed $20,500,000 as provided pursuant to the provisions of the Certificate of Obligation Act of 1971, as amended, Texas Local Government Code, Section 271.041 through Section 271.064, for the purpose of paying contractual obligations of the County incurred or to be incurred for making permanent public improvements and for other public purposes, to-wit (1) acquiring, designing, constructing, renovating, repairing and improving various County facilities to comply with the Americans With Disabilities Act and other federal laws; (2) upgrading and improving the County’s Information Technology Systems; (3) acquiring, designing, constructing, renovating, repairing, and improving various County facilities; (4) acquiring, designing, constructing, renovating, repairing, and improving various County parks system facilities; (5) acquiring, designing, constructing, renovating, repairing, and improving the County airport runway and facilities; (6) the purchase of materials, supplies, equipment, machinery, landscaping, land and rights-of-way in Nueces County for authorized needs and purposes related to the aforementioned capital improvements; (7) the construction of and improvements to various roads, bridges and drainage facilities throughout Nueces County; (8) and the payment of professional, fiscal, engineering and legal fees incurred in connection therewith.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
3. Discuss and consider authorizing the Human Resources Department to begin using Applicant Online for all employment applications on October 1, 2016.
4. Discuss and consider adding the Tuloso Midway Independent School District Administration Office Building and Corpus Christi Christian Fellowship as Early Voting locations, and possibly eliminating the Art Center Corpus Christi as a voting location.
6. Receive a presentation from the Office of Emergency Management on the long term recovery efforts related to DR-4223 May/June 2015 severe weather.
7. Discuss and consider an Order rescinding the Resolution in support of Razing the 1914 Nueces County Historic Courthouse and approving Method of Sale.
8. Discuss and consider selection of Joe Adame & Associate, Inc., Mark Adame, and approval of listing agreement for the purpose of listing for sale the 1914 Nueces County Historic Courthouse, and any related order.
9. Receive presentation by Coastal Bend Council of Governments on Donations Management Exercise and Emergency Management Plan Updates.
10. Discuss and consider accepting the Nueces County Emergency Management Plan Annex O (Human Services) as presented by the Nueces County Emergency Management Coordinator.
11. Discuss and consider accepting the Nueces County Emergency Management Plan Annex T (Donations Management) as presented by the Nueces County Emergency Management Coordinator.
12. Discuss and consider selection and execution of a contract with Naismith/Hanson for environmental services to complete a Habitat/Land Use Management Plan for the 3,680 acres of Nueces County owned property in Kleberg County, as recommended by the Coastal Park Board of Commissioners.
13. Discuss and consider terminating all current Motor Vehicle DTA Agreements; Authorize and approve all webDealer Agreements: Current Car Dealers with DTA Agreements - submitted for Termination: 1. AN Corpus Christi Motors, Inc. d/b/a AutoNation Hyundai Corpus Christi 2. AN Corpus Christi T Imports, LP d/b/a AutoNation Toyota Corpus Christi 3. Crosstown Partners Inc. d/b/a Sames Ford 4. Ed Hicks Nissan, LTD 5. Ed Hicks Imports, LTD 6. JCL Gulf Motors, LLC d/b/a BMW of Corpus Christi 7. Port City Imports, Inc. d/b/a AutoNation Honda South Corpus Christi; Car Dealers with New WebDEALER Agreements - submitted for Approval 1. AN Corpus Christi Motors Inc. d/b/a AutoNation Hyundai Corpus Christi - Certificate #2016-109081. 2. AN Corpus Christi T Imports, LP d/b/a AutoNation Toyota Corpus Christi - Certificate #2016-110227. 3. Crosstown Partners Inc. d/b/a Sames Ford - Certificate #2016-108472. 4. Ed Hicks Imports Ltd. - Certificate #2016-106440. 5. Ed Hicks Nissan Ltd. - Certificate #2016-106441. 6. Ed Hicks Infiniti Ltd. - Certificate #2016-106439. 7. CAH-DHL Automotive LLC - Certificate #2016-106608. 8. JCL Gulf Motors, LLC d/b/a BMW of Corpus Christi - Certificate #2016-110887. 9. Port City Imports, Inc. d/b/a AutoNation Honda South Corpus Christi.
B. HEALTH DEPARTMENT
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3024-16 Aggregate Type PB, Grade 4 LRA.
2. Discuss and award IFB No. 3023-16 Aggregate Type PB, Grade 3 LRA.
1. Authorize and approve removal of fixed assets that are no longer located within the departments.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 22 for Fiscal Year 2015-2016.
3. Monthly Financial Report for the month of July 2016.
4. Authorize and approve Nueces County Pay Schedule-A reflecting the 2% cost of living pay increase effective October 1, 2016.
5. Discuss and consider approval of a formal travel policy and procedures manual for Nueces County employees.
6. Follow up discussion on Executime.
6. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
Sep 27, 2016 Commissioners Court - Regular