1. CALL TO ORDER
D. PUBLIC HEARING (Nueces County and Nueces County Hospital District Budgets) The Commissioners Court will conduct a public hearing on the proposed 2016-2017 Nueces County and Nueces County Hospital District Budgets. CLOSE PUBLIC HEARING REGULAR COURT MEETING
E. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving the 2016 tax roll; setting the 2016 tax rates for Nueces County; and levying said tax rate against all taxable property in Nueces County for 2016.
F. Discuss and consider adopting an order rescinding prior year budget resolutions and orders.
G. Discuss and consider adoption of Orders and Resolutions related to the proposed 2016-2017 Nueces County Budget.
H. Discuss and consider adoption of the 2016-2017 Nueces County Budget.
I. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving the 2016 tax roll; setting the 2016 tax rate for the Nueces County Hospital District; and levying said tax rate against all taxable property in Nueces County for 2016.
J. Discuss and consider adoption of the 2016-2017 Nueces County Hospital District Budget.
K. Approve the following minute(s):
L. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
M. Present the following Certificate(s) of Recognition:
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
L. Authorize an agreement with Spectra Venue Management for RFP 3015-16 Facility Management Services for Nueces County Richard M. Borchard Fairgrounds.
Q. Approve changing Voting Center and Early Voting location in Port Aransas from Ellis Memorial Library to Port Aransas Community Center (408 North Allister, Port Aransas) and adding a new Voting Center at Brooks A.M.E. Worship Center (2101 N. Port Ave., Corpus Christi).
S. Authorize the purchase of security camera systems from Dynamark Security Centers for the Tax Assessor-Collector's Office.
1. Discuss and consider execution of a listing agreement with Real Estate Broker George B. Clower for the purposes of listing for sale, Nueces County property located at 3041 Morgan Ave. (the former County Vector Control Building), in Corpus Christi, Texas, pursuant to Section 263.008 of the Texas Local Government Code.
2. Discuss and consider selection and execution of a contract with Naismith Engineering for environmental services to complete a Habitat/Land Use Management Plan for the 3,680 acres of Nueces County owned property in Kleberg County, as recommended by the Coastal Park Board of Commissioners.
3. Discuss and consider proposed Interlocal Agreement between Nueces County and participating jurisdictions to develop a multijurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Action Plan.
4. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 1 with Pruitt Consulting, Independent Licensed Architect, for services related to the ADA Settlement Agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice.
5. Discuss and consider the transfer of Guardian Assistant position currently in County Court at Law No. 5 to the District Clerk to be in compliance with Section 51.316 of the Texas Government Code.
1. Discuss and consider the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District accepting a contract amendment with the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) providing funding for Public Health Emergency Preparedness activities; authorize the Director of the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District, to sign on behalf of Nueces County.
2. Discuss and consider the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District (CCNCPHD) entering into a contract amendment with the Texas General Land Office (TGLO) to collect and analyze recreational beach water samples and receive an amount not to exceed $116,622 for the period of September 1, 2016 through August 31, 2017; authorize the Director of the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District, to sign on behalf of Nueces County.
1. Discuss and consider the execution of a grant contract with the Texas State Library and Archives Commission for the FY2017 Special Projects Grant Program.
2. Discuss and consider the execution of a grant agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation for the Routine Airport Maintenance Program.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 21 for Fiscal Year 2015-2016.
2. Authorize and approve Nueces County Pay Schedule-A reflecting the 2% cost of living pay increase effective September 24, 2016.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
6. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
Sep 14, 2016 Commissioners Court - Regular