1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
E. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Discuss and consider approving the Nueces County Group Health and Life Insurance Premiums for Fiscal Year 2016-2017.
2. Discuss and consider authorizing the County Judge to execute an Airport Project Participation Agreement between the Texas Department of Transportation and Nueces County related to the implementation of improvements to the Nueces County Airport.
3. Discuss and consider approval of the Sheriff's and Constable's Fees for 2017, pursuant to Section 118.131 of the Texas Local Government Code.
4. Discuss and consider Early Voting Locations for the November 8, 2016 General Election.
5. Discuss and consider request of Nueces County Drainage District No. 2 to rejoin the Nueces County self-funded Group Health Program.
6. Discuss and consider selection of International Consulting Engineers (ICE) for the Veterans Monument at Amistad Park in Bishop, Texas; approve execution of engineering services contract.
7. Discuss and consider selection of International Consulting Engineers (ICE) for the Bishop Park Trail Project; approve execution of engineering services contract.
B. HEALTH DEPARTMENT
1. Discuss and consider the execution of the SAVNS Maintenance Grant Contract with the Office of the Attorney General and the Service Agreement Renewal Notice with Appriss in relation to automated victim notification services.
2. Discuss and consider accepting a grant award from the Texas Department of Emergency Management for the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) for FEMA-4223-DR.
3. Discuss and consider the execution of Construction Contract Change Order No. 1 with Bridges Specialties Inc. regarding IFB No. 3001-15 – Surface Water Lines and Connections in Cindy Park Colonia.
1. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 1 with MO-CON Services, Inc., to increase the contract amount relating to the Hazel Bazemore Park Ravine Stabilization Project.
2. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 1 to an Engineering Services Contract with International Consulting Engineers for the Preparation of Plans and Specifications and Construction Phase Services associated with the County Road 69 Drainage Improvements.
3. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 1 to an Architectural Services contract with Turner, Ramirez & Associates, Inc. for the Preparation of Plans and Specifications and Construction Phase Services associated with the McKinzie Jail Annex Dormitory Renovations.
4. Receive a presentation from Bob Leahey of HDR Engineering to update the Court on the current studies being conducted to refine the proposed route of the Regional Parkway from State Highway 286 to Padre Island, including a new crossing of the Laguna Madre.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
6. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
Aug 17, 2016 Commissioners Court - Regular