1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
E. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
F. Present the following Certificate(s) of Recognition:
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
P. Approve a loan agreement for a 2006 Mercedes Benz from the Corpus Christi Police to be used by the District Attorney’s Office.
1. Receive calculations of the effective tax rate, the rollback tax rate and the fund balances; discuss and consider proposal for 2016-2017 tax rate for Nueces County, Nueces County Farm to Market, and Nueces County Hospital District; in the event the proposed tax rate(s) exceed the effective tax rate, take a record vote and authorize publishing appropriate notices.
2. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 1 to an Architectural Services Contract with Turner, Ramirez & Associates, Inc.
3. Discuss and consider approval of Right of Entry for Electric Transmission Texas (ETT) to survey and perform other activities on Lots 1-5, Block 16, Flour Bluff Park held in trust by Nueces County for purposes of locating a potential easement for electric transmission lines between Barney Davis Substation and AEP TCC's Naval Base Substation and discuss and consider approval of execution and submission of Antiquities Permit Application to the Texas Historical Commission for work to be performed on Lots 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, Block 16, Flour Bluff Park.
4. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 1 to an Engineering Services Contract with International Consulting Engineers.
5. Discuss and consider approval of Settlement Agreement and Release with HealthSmart Benefit Solutions, Inc., effective August 3, 2016.
6. Discuss and consider setting the rate of pay for Temporary Deputy Medical Examiners.
7. Discuss and consider approval of Work Order amending Electronic Transaction Processing Agreement with Official Payments to provide Nueces County Juvenile Justice Center with credit/debit payment transaction services.
8. Discuss and consider adopting a Resolution approving street improvements to Avenue D in Driscoll, Texas, located in front of the new school, using Commissioner Precinct #3 RTA street improvement funds.; and authorizing an interlocal agreement with the City of Driscoll related to Avenue D street improvements.
9. Discuss and consider adopting an Order prohibiting outdoor burning in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County, pursuant to Section 352.081 of the Texas Local Government Code.
1. Discuss and consider the acceptance of a public assistance subaward #PA-06-TX-4223-PW-1820 (Berlanga Community Center) from the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM).
2. Discuss and consider the submission of a grant application for the Emergency Food and Shelter Program Phase 33 made available through the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
3. Discuss and consider acceptance of a grant award from the Office of the Governor?s Criminal Justice Division for funding for the Nueces County Body-Worn Camera Program.
4. Discuss and consider the execution of an agreement between Nueces County Monitoring Offenders Against Women Project and Recovery Healthcare Corporation for Global Positioning System Monitoring.
1. Discuss and award IFB 3021-16 County Road 48 Paving Improvements from US 77 to FM 1694.
2. Discuss and award IFB No. 3019-16 Nueces County - County Road 36 Reconstruction.
3. Discuss and award IFB No. 3020-16 Nueces County Park Restroom Facility in Robstown.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Aug 03, 2016 Commissioners Court - Regular