NUECES COUNTY, TEXAS COMMISSIONERS COURT AGENDA NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
JULY 13, 2016
The Nueces County Commissioners Court will meet on the above date at 9:15 a.m. in the Commissioners Courtroom, 3rd floor, Nueces County Courthouse, 901 Leopard, Corpus Christi, Texas. SAMUEL L. NEAL, JR. COUNTY JUDGE MIKE PUSLEY COMMISSIONER, PRECINCT NO. 1 JOE A. GONZALEZ COMMISSIONER, PRECINCT NO. 2 OSCAR O. ORTIZ COMMISSIONER, PRECINCT NO. 3 BRENT CHESNEY COMMISSIONER, PRECINCT NO. 4 KARA SANDS, CLERK OF THE COURT INFORMATION ON THE COMMISSIONERS COURT AGENDA CONSENT AGENDA: At most meetings, the Commissioners Court establishes a Consent Agenda. It consists of those Agenda Items which are routine or non-controversial, and which neither a member of the Commissioners Court nor the public has asked to be pulled for discussion. Once the Commissioners Court has established the Consent Agenda, Agenda Items included on it will be voted upon in one vote, and will not be discussed separately unless requested by the County Judge, Commissioner, or a citizen. EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Commissioners Court may go into Executive Session to discuss those matters listed anywhere on the Agenda or as otherwise permitted by law. PUBLIC COMMENT: Members of the public will have the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court during this section on any Agenda Item or any subject within its jurisdiction except a matter related to pending litigation. Each speaker should sign in on the Public Comment Sheet available at the rear of the Courtroom at least five (5) minutes before commencement of the Commissioners Court meeting. Speakers should limit their comments to two (2) minutes. The County Judge may, if he deems it necessary, limit both the number of speakers and the time allotted to each speaker. Under the law, the Commissioners Court may only take action on items specifically listed on the Agenda. Subject matter presented which is not part of the Agenda will be referred to the appropriate department for review and subsequent action. Materials submitted during public hearings will not be returned unless prior arrangements have been made through the County Clerk, with the approval of the County Judge. At least ten (10) copies of any document to be used by any speaker should be available for distribution. The speaker’s name and, if applicable, Agenda Item number should be clearly marked on such documents. Public Comment for items not on the Agenda will normally be held at the end of the meeting. ADJOURNMENTS IN MEMORY: The Commissioners Court may adjourn the meeting in memory of deceased community leaders, County employees, and other distinguished persons. Requests for Adjournment in Memory may be made through any County Commissioner or the County Judge. AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting of the Commissioners Court, and who may need special assistance, services or auxiliary aids, should contact the Office of the Nueces County Judge (361-888-0444) at least forty-eight (48) hours ahead of the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
1. Receive and discuss recommendations for polling locations to be included in application to Secretary of State for participation in the Countywide Polling Place Program, and related matters.
2. Discuss current status of architectural cost estimates for selected Nueces County facilities pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as it relates to the Department of Justice Settlement Agreement DJ # 204-74-348.
G. Approve an order ratifying the selection and hiring of LNV, Inc. for engineering services related to the Westhaven Park improvements; and approving payment to LNV, Inc. for services as approved and detailed in such order.
H. Approve a contract ratifying the selection of LNV, Inc. to design a new restroom facility for the Nueces County Park in Robstown, and approve an Engineering Services contract with LNV, Inc.
I. Ratify the selection of LNV, Inc. to provide professional services for various upgrades and renovations to the existing fire station building in Bishop, and approve an Engineering Services contract with LNV, Inc.
3. Discuss and consider the request of Superior Weighting Products, LLC, for a letter of support for their application for Foreign Trade Zone status for their property located at 4030 Rincon Road, Corpus Christi, Texas.
4. Authorize a Right-of-Entry and an Antiquities Permit to allow Electric Transmission Texas, LLC (ETT) to conduct surveys on 5 lots owned by Nueces County as trustee for all taxing entities.
1. Discuss and consider (1) the selection of LNV, Inc. to provide construction administration of a walking/jogging trail, exercise stations, site grading, basketball court and sidewalks at Westhaven Park and (2) approve an Engineering Services Contract with LNV, Inc.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 17 for Fiscal Year 2015-2016.
2. Monthly Financial Report for the month of May 2016.
3. Discuss and consider approval of the following position changes to the Tax Office (1200): A. Reclassify Sr. Accounting Assistant position (PG 17/1) to Accounting Assistant position (PG 16/1). B. Reclassify Sr. Clerk II position (PG 15/1) to Title Rejection Clerk position (PG 16/1).
B. Discuss and consider the status of Civil Action No. 2:16-CV-153, Danny Gonzalez v. Nueces County, Texas; Justin Noland, Individually; Deputy Perales, Individually; S. Charleton, Individually; J. Medina, Individually; J. Villanueva, Individually; and A. Munoz, Individually, in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Corpus Christi Division and related matters.