3. Resolution declaring May 22, 2016 through May 28, 2016 as Hurricane Preparedness Awareness Week
2. Resolution in Honor of Joe A. Martinez for his 46 years of service-retiring from Nueces County Community Action Agency.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
K. Discuss and consider Drug Forfeiture expenditures from the District Attorney's Office, pursuant to Chapter 59 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure. Total expenses, $5,059.77, consisting of $4,172.00 - State Bar Dues for 26 Assistant District Attorneys and $887.77 - Travel Reimbursement for the Asset Forfeiture Prosecutor. See Fiscal Impact section for detail listing.
1. Receive briefing on Nueces County Air Quality Compliance, presented by Gretchen Arnold, Chair, Corpus Christi Air Quality Group.
2. Discuss and consider approval of foreclosure auction of 68 lots in the Rancho Amistad Subdivision with an opening bid of 15% of the appraised value as one combined parcel on the June 4, 2016 foreclosure auction.
3. Discuss and consider a Buyboard Contract No. 479-15 purchase of Automated External Defibrillators (AED) from School Health and submit for partial reimbursement from Texas Association of Counties (TAC); authorize County Judge to execute TAC Risk Control Reimbursement Program (RCRP) documents for submission to TAC.
4. Discuss and consider allocation of the Family Protection Fee to the following agencies: The Ark Assessment Center & Emergency Shelter, Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), Family Counseling Service, Nueces County Children's Advocacy Center, Nueces County CPS Community Partners Board, and Women's Shelter of South Texas.
1. Discuss and award IFB 3013-16 Nueces County Office of Emergency Management Disaster Recovery Communications System.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 14 for Fiscal Year 2015/2016.
2. Monthly Financial Report for the month of March 2016.
3. Discuss progress of ExecuTime implementation.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
6. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
May 25, 2016 Commissioners Court - Regular