1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
E. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Discuss and consider approval of the Amended Nueces County District Court Judge’s Plan for Selection of Prospective Jurors.
2. Receive presentation from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) and the design-build contractor, Flatiron/Dragados, on the status of the Harbor Bridge Replacement Project.
3. Receive a presentation from the Keach Family Library on Dia De Los Ninos and the Children's Activity Room Grand Opening.
4. Discuss and consider adopting a resolution authorizing the County Judge to execute a certificate of approval concerning the issuance of revenue bonds designated as "Danbury Higher Education Authority, Inc. Education Revenue and Refunding Bonds (Riverwalk Education Foundation, Inc.) Series 2016A and Taxable Revenue Bonds (Riverwalk Education Foundation, Inc.) Series 2016B by Danbury Higher Education Authority, Inc. in satisfaction of the requirements contained in Section 147(f) of the Internal Revenue code of 1986, as amended.
5. Discuss and consider approval of a Tax Foreclosure Auction of "Struck Off" properties to occur on Saturday, June 4, 2016.
6. Discuss and consider authorizing premiums for June 1, 2016 ? May 31, 2017 renewing for one-year Property and Casualty Insurance (RFP No. 2955-14) with Borden Insurance, Swantner and Gordon Insurance, and Texas Association of Counties.
7. Discuss and consider authorizing agreement with First Southwest Asset Management, Inc. for arbitrage rebate compliance services.
8. Discuss and consider request by NORML - Corpus Christi (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws) by Kyle Hoelscher for the use of the Courthouse Main Entrance for the purpose of collecting petition signatures.
1. Discuss and consider the acceptance of a public assistance subaward #PA-06-TX-4223-PW01259 from the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM).
2. Receive information regarding the Melanoma Foundation of New England’s Practice Safe Skin Program and its award of sunscreen dispensers to the Nueces County Coastal Parks Department.
C. PUBLIC WORKS
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 12 for Fiscal Year 2015-2016.
2. Presentation of Annual Financial Report for Fiscal Year ended September 30, 2015.
3. Monthly Financial Report for the month of February 2016.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Apr 20, 2016 Commissioners Court - Regular