1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
Items E & F
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
H. Approve application procedure for the Nueces County Airport Advisory Board.
1. Discuss and consider approval of a resolution and order approving entering into a loan agreement with the State of Texas – State Infrastructure Bank (SIB) for $12,000,000 for purposes of funding Nueces County’s portion of the Texas Department of Transportation US 181 Harbor Bridge Project.
Items 4A 2 & 4A 3
4. Discuss and consider approval of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with BCFS Health and Human Services for implementation of the Texas Families Together and Safe (TFTS) Program at the Keach Family Library.
5. Discuss and consider approval of a Communications Site License Agreement with Texas Parks and Wildlife Department for purposes of placing communications equipment at the Nueces County Courthouse.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing submission of a grant application to the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) under the FY 2016 State Criminal Alien Assistance Program (SCAAP) for reimbursement of costs related to incarcerating undocumented criminal aliens.
2. Approve execution of a Reimbursement Contract for Governmental Entities with the Coastal Bend Bays and Estuaries Program for the Habitat Management Plan.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Mar 23, 2016 Commissioners Court - Regular