1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
4. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order transferring the Voter Registrar function and related budget, personnel, fixed assets, other equipment, and supplies from the Nueces County Tax Assessor-Collector to the Nueces County Clerk, and related matters.
Items 4C 3 - 4C 5 (Part 1 of 2)
1. Receive introduction of candidate for filling the County Extension Agent-Horticulture position, as presented by Donnie Montemayor; and consider approval of appointment.
2. Receive annual report from Diane Lowrance, Executive Director, on the activities of the Behavioral Health Center of Nueces County.
3. Receive a presentation from Ida Garza, Director of the Keach Family Library, on Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) grants and related outreach and media events for programming in 2016.
1. Ratify the execution of Amendment No. 7 to the Disaster Recovery Non-Entitlement Grant Contract with the Texas General Land Office No. 10-5122-000-5103.
2. Discuss and consider the acceptance of Amendment No. 3 to Grant No. F12AF01159 from U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service for the Habitat Restoration and Conservation at Packery Channel project, part of the Coastal Impact Assistance Program (CIAP) grant program.
3. Discuss and consider execution of an Agreement Between The Texas Department of Agriculture and Nueces County Contract No. 7215115 for the Texas Community Development Block Grant Program (TxCDBG) 2015-2016 Colonia Fund: Construction (CFC).
1. Receive an updated presentation from the Department of Public Works related to the new Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Flood Plain Maps.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a Subdivision Construction Agreement and Subdivision Improvements Performance Bond with Lexon Insurance Company for the Plains Unit 4.
Item 4C 3 (Part 2 of 2)
Item 4C 4 (Part 2 of 2)
Item 4C 5 (Part 2 of 2)
6. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 1 and estimate for Final Payment No. 15 to RAM BRO Contracting for the Upper Oso Drainage Improvements Project.
1. Rescind the award for IFB No. 3000-15 Janitorial Services; discuss and consider award to the next lowest bidder.
2. Discuss/ Award IFB No. 3001-15 Surface Water Lines and Connections Construction in Cindy Park Colonia.
3. Discuss/ Award IFB No. 3002-15 Hazel Bazemore Park Ravine Stabilization Project.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 05 for Fiscal Year 2015-2016.
2. Discuss and consider implementing paperless EFT forms by offering a copy of all employee check stubs on line with Employee Online. The savings will be approximately $10,000.00 per year. Effective date will tentatively start on pay period 1601105 - 2/13/16 - 2/26/16.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Jan 06, 2016 Commissioners Court - Regular