NUECES COUNTY, TEXAS COMMISSIONERS COURT AGENDA NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
December 17, 2014
The Nueces County Commissioners Court will meet on the above date at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioners Courtroom, 3rd floor, Nueces County Courthouse, 901 Leopard, Corpus Christi, Texas. SAMUEL L. NEAL, JR. COUNTY JUDGE MIKE PUSLEY COMMISSIONER, PRECINCT NO. 1 JOE A. GONZALEZ COMMISSIONER, PRECINCT NO. 2 OSCAR O. ORTIZ COMMISSIONER, PRECINCT NO. 3 JOE MCCOMB COMMISSIONER, PRECINCT NO. 4 DIANA T. BARRERA, CLERK OF THE COURT INFORMATION ON THE COMMISSIONERS COURT AGENDA CONSENT AGENDA: At most meetings, the Commissioners Court establishes a Consent Agenda. It consists of those Agenda Items which are routine or non-controversial, and which neither a member of the Commissioners Court nor the public has asked to be pulled for discussion. Once the Commissioners Court has established the Consent Agenda, Agenda Items included on it will be voted upon in one vote, and will not be discussed separately unless requested by the County Judge, Commissioner, or a citizen. EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Commissioners Court may go into Executive Session to discuss those matters listed anywhere on the Agenda or as otherwise permitted by law. PUBLIC COMMENT: Members of the public will have the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court during this section on any Agenda Item or any subject within its jurisdiction except a matter related to pending litigation. Each speaker should sign in on the Public Comment Sheet available at the rear of the Courtroom at least five (5) minutes before commencement of the Commissioners Court meeting. Speakers should limit their comments to two (2) minutes. The County Judge may, if he deems it necessary, limit both the number of speakers and the time allotted to each speaker. Under the law, the Commissioners Court may only take action on items specifically listed on the Agenda. Subject matter presented which is not part of the Agenda will be referred to the appropriate department for review and subsequent action. Materials submitted during public hearings will not be returned unless prior arrangements have been made through the County Clerk, with the approval of the County Judge. At least ten (10) copies of any document to be used by any speaker should be available for distribution. The speaker’s name and, if applicable, Agenda Item number should be clearly marked on such documents. Public Comment for items not on the Agenda will normally be held at the end of the meeting. ADJOURNMENTS IN MEMORY: The Commissioners Court may adjourn the meeting in memory of deceased community leaders, County employees, and other distinguished persons. Requests for Adjournment in Memory may be made through any County Commissioner or the County Judge. AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting of the Commissioners Court, and who may need special assistance, services or auxiliary aids, should contact the Office of the Nueces County Judge (361-888-0444) at least forty-eight (48) hours ahead of the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
A. Authorize payment of bills - manual check registers dated December 9, 2014.
B. Authorize payment of bills - regular bill summaries dated November 21, 2014 B; November 26, 2014; December 5, 2014; December 8, 2014; and December 12, 2014.
C. Authorize payment of bills - group health insurance claims and fees - TPA weekly check register: November 20, 2014 to December 4, 2014.
E. Authorize payment of bills - special motions list dated December 17, 2014.
I. Approve the following bonds of elected officials: 1. County Judge 2. Judge, County Court at Law No. 1 3. Judge, County Court at Law No. 2 4. Judge, County Court at Law No. 3 5. Judge, County Court at Law No. 4 6. Judge, County Court at Law No. 5 7. Commissioner, Precinct 2 8. Commissioner, Precinct 4 9. County Clerk 10. District Clerk 11. Justice of the Peace, Precinct 1, Place 2 12. Justice of the Peace, Precinct 1, Place 3 13. Justice of the Peace, Precinct 2, Place 2 14. Justice of the Peace, Precinct 3 15. Justice of the Peace, Precinct 4 16. Justice of the Peace, Precinct 5, Place 2
J. Accept the "Outside Agency" Report for FY 2013-2014 for Spaulding for Children.
K. Approve the application procedure to fill unexpired term on the Christus Spohn Health Board of Trustees.
L. Approve the application procedure to fill unexpired term on the Behavioral Health Center of Nueces County Board.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing the submission of a grant application to the Texas Homeland Security State Administrative Agency for FY 2015 Local Border Security Program.
2. Ratify the execution of Amendment No. 1 to Subrecipient Grant Agreement GLO Contract No. 13-147-000-7235 Habitat Restoration and Conservation at Packery Channel project, part of the Coastal Impact Assistance Program (CIAP) grant program.
1. Discuss and award RFP No. 2968-14 Food Services at County Courthouse.
2. Discuss and award IFB No. 2972-14 Nueces County Central Garage Complex Roofing Replacement-Phase II.
3. Discuss and award IFB No. 2974-14 Maintenance Hangar M-3 for Lease.
4. Discuss and award IFB No. 2975-14 sale of 6.5 acres of Held Industrial Tract; authorize the County Judge to execute the Quitclaim Deed.
5. Discuss and consider making a finding for the method of procurement (request of competitive bids); and authorize the purchasing agent to publish a notice for the sale of four (4) lots in the Tropic Park Subdivision; adopt an order.
6. Discuss and consider making a finding for the method of procurement (request for qualifications) for engineering services to develop design plans and specifications for the installation of surface water lines and related household connections in the Cindy Park Colonia; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
A. Consult with County Attorney to discuss the status of Civil Action No. 2:14-CV-134, Patrick Dixon v. Officer Gomez, in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Corpus Christi Division, and related matters.
B. Discuss and consider Defendant’s second proposed settlement offer in Cause No. 2014-CCV-61698-4, Nueces County, Texas v. Integrity Communications, Ltd. and Bill Sugarek, in the Nueces County Court at Law No. 4, and related matters.