NUECES COUNTY, TEXAS COMMISSIONERS COURT AGENDA NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
May 14, 2014
The Nueces County Commissioners Court will meet on the above date at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioners Courtroom, 3rd floor, Nueces County Courthouse, 901 Leopard, Corpus Christi, Texas.
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
1. April 30, 2014
1. Rebecca Palacios - National Teacher Hall of Fame - 2014.
2. Flour Bluff NJROTC - 2014 National Champions.
3. Proclaiming May 25 through May 31, 2014, as Hurricane Preparedness Awareness Week.
4. In Support of Increased Funding for Highway 361 and Port Aransas Ferry Improvements.
5. In Support of Congressional Action to Designate Texas State Highway 44 from Freer in Duval County to Corpus Christi in Nueces County as a “Future Segment of Interstate 69”.
6. 100th Anniversary of the Smith-Lever Act of 1914 creating Cooperative Extension; followed by presentation of award to Commissioners Court.
7. In Support of Saving Our Local Plant Communities and Ecosystems By Controlling Non-Native Invasive Brazilian Pepper Trees in Nueces County.
8. In Support of a Constitutional Amendment for Increased Transportation Funding.
A. Authorize payment of bills - manual check registers dated May 6, 2014.
B. Authorize payment of bills - regular bill summaries dated April 25, 2014 B; April 30, 2014; May 2, 2014; and May 9, 2014.
D. Authorize payment of bills - group health insurance claims and fees - TPA Check Register April 1, 2014 to April 30, 2014.
E. Authorize payment of Pcard purchases for the month of March, 2014.
F. Approve personnel actions of a budgeted nature: a. Unfreeze List No. 685 b. Personnel Changes reports dated April 25, 2014 and May 2, 2014.
G. Authorize/Execute a contract with Edward Jungmann Farms for IFB No. 2952-14 Farmland for Lease - Nueces County Airport 119.91 Acres.
Consent Item H
Consent Item C
Item 4A 4
Item 4A 6
4. REGULAR AGENDA:
A. AGENDA ITEMS
Item 4A 1
Item 4A 2
Item 4A 3
Item 4A 5
Item 4B 1
Item 4B 2
Item 4B 3
Items 4B 4 & 4B 5
Item 4B 4
Item 4B 5
C. PUBLIC WORKS
Item 4C 1
Item 4C 2
Item 4D 1
Item 4D 2
Item 4D 3
Item 4E 1
A. Nueces County Historical Commission.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
May 14, 2014 Commissioners Court - Regular