A. Authorize payment of bills - manual check registers dated September 24, 2013.
B. Authorize payment of bills - regular bill summaries dated August 26, 2013; August 30, 2013 C; September 9, 2013; September 13, 2013 B; September 20, 2013; and September 27, 2013.
C. Authorize payment of bills - special motions list dated October 2, 2013.
D. Authorize payment of Pcard purchases for the month of August, 2013.
E. Approve personnel actions of a budgeted nature: a. Application Temporary List No. 344 b. Unfreeze List No. 672 c. Personnel Changes reports dated September 13, 2013 and September 20, 2013.
F. Accept $2,500.00 in contributions to the Emergency Training Fund, and a $1,405.31 contribution to the Library Board.
H. Ratify a contract with Script Care for Pharmacy Benefit Management for RFP No. 2933-13 Primary Network Service, Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) and Wellness Programs.
I. Approve the following Tax Deed and highest minimum bid to date: 1. 43.01 acres, being Block 8, Rancho Amistad Subdivision, in the amount of $50,000.00.
K. Approve a contract with the Educational Service Center Region 2 (ESC-2) for Internet services for FY 2013-14.
L. Approve sole source purchase of annual maintenance with Intergraph for the Jail Management System.
N. Authorize/Execute Amendment No. 4, one (1) year renewal, to the Agreement between Nueces County and Public Communications Services, Inc. (PCS) for Inmate Telephone and Public Coin Telephone Services (RFP No. 2799-08).
O. Approve the application procedure for appointment to the following Nueces County Advisory Boards: 1. Nueces County Beach Management Advisory Committee; 2. Nueces County Child Welfare Board; 3. Nueces County Civil Service Board; 4. Nueces County Rural
J. Authorize/Execute a contract with Sungard Public Sector, Inc. for IFAS and OneSource applications, professional services, and hosting fees.
M. Authorize/Execute one-year lease agreements for the following hangars at the Nueces County Airport: 1. M-4 & M-5 Hangars - Integrity Communications, LTD (Bill Sugarek); 2. T-4 Hangar - Jerry Hunsaker; 3. T-6 Hangar - Jerry Lunceford; 4. T-
G. Ratify a contract with HealthSmart for Primary Network for RFP No. 2933-13 Primary Network Service, Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) and Wellness Programs.
1. Receive introduction of the new agent for the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, County Extension Agent-Agriculture and Natural Resources position.
2. Receive a presentation by Captain James Brown, City Fire Marshall, on the 2013 Fire Prevention Poster Contest.
3. Discuss and consider adopting an order for the creation of a reinvestment zone for property tax abatement as requested by Ticona Polymers, Inc., consisting of approximately 1,423.58 acres located one and one-half mile southwest of Bishop, Texas.
4. Discuss and consider adopting an order approving a variance and a temporary tax abatement agreement with Ticona Polymers, Inc., pursuant to Chapter 312 of the Texas Tax Code.
5. Discuss and consider authorizing participation in the Don’t Mess with Texas Water Program related to the placement of signs at the Nueces River crossing at FM 666.
6. Discuss and consider approving the following for the upcoming November 5, 2013 Nueces County Constitutional Amendment Election: a. Early Voting Substations b. Mobile Calendar c. Election Day Polling Places
7. Receive presentation on a phase II Building Retrofit and Energy Efficiency Project related to the Courthouse/Jail, McKinzie Annex, and Juvenile Justice Facilities; authorize staff to move forward with 3rd Party Review and development of a Project Agre
8. Discuss and consider accepting proposal for leasing office space in the Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority Staples Service Center building for the Nueces County Veterans Services Office and Human Services Office.
9. Discuss and consider approving a simplified application form for commissions or boards appointed by the Nueces County Commissioners Court.
10. Discuss and consider approval of the Sheriff's and Constable's Fees for 2014, pursuant to Section 118.131 of the Texas Local Government Code.
11. Discuss and consider modifying the procedure for board encumbents to reapply for boards or commissions appointed by the Nueces County Commissioners Court.
1. Discuss and consider acceptance of a grant award from the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division for funding for the Nueces County Drug/DWI Court.
2. Discuss and consider acceptance of a grant award and execution of related contract documents for the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) – Local Land and Water Conservation Fund for Nueces County LyondellBasell Park (Project No. 48-001124
3. Discuss and consider execution of a Sub-Recipient Grant Award for the Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP) - FY13 State Homeland Security Program (SHSP).
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 24 for Fiscal Year 2012-2013.
2. Discuss and consider creating and unfreezing an Application Support Analyst position, pay group 25, in the Information Technology Department to provide on-going support to departments in implementing and using Odyssey and other software applications.
A. Discuss with County Attorney and consider authorizing the County Attorney's Office to pursue the County's claims in regard to the HVAC problems at the Keach Family Library, and authorizing the County Attorney to send a demand letter to responsible par
B. Discuss and consider authorizing the County Attorney to file a petition for mandamus in the Texas Supreme Court from Case No. 13-13-346-CV, Steve Schwerin v Nueces County, et al., In the Thirteenth Court of Appeals, on appeal from Cause No. 06-6073-F,
C. Discuss and consider status of Cause No. 09-5990-C, San Patricio County, Texas v Nueces County, Texas, and Nueces County Appraisal District, In the 94th Judicial District Court of Nueces County, Texas, and related matters.
D. Discuss and consider status of Cause No. 2013-DCV-4282-G; Ismael Hernandez v. Judge Mike Westergren, et al, In the 319th Judicial District Court of Nueces County, Texas, and related matters.
E. Discuss and consider authorizing County Attorney to file an appeal from Cause No. 2012-CCV-60799-1, Virgina Canas v Nueces County Texas, In the County Court at Law No. 1 of Nueces County, Texas (Hon. Robert Blackmon, by assignment), and related matter