A. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
B. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
C. ANNOUNCEMENT ON DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST: Any Conflicts of Interest or Appearance of a Conflict of Interest with items on this agenda shall be declared at this time. Members with conflicts will refrain from voting and are asked to refrain from discussion on such items. Conflicts discovered later in the meeting shall be disclosed at that time.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
F. Accept the following Minutes:
1. Receive presentation from Board of District Court Judges regarding Texas Indigent Defense Commission (TIDC) mental health grant; discuss and consider submission of application for TIDC mental health grant.
2. Discuss and consider appointment of Acting/Interim Chief Medical Examiner, including contracting with any staffing agency.
3. Discuss and consider personnel issues, including compensation package for Interim Medical Examiner, and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider personnel issues, including compensation package for incoming Medical Examiner, and related matters.
5. Discuss and consider the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of the Medical Examiner, pursuant to Sec. 551.074 of the Texas Government Code.
6. Discuss and consider Human Resources Director involvement in hiring of deputy Medical Examiner being in accordance with County policy and Texas law.
7. Discuss and consider the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of the Human Resources Director, pursuant to Sec. 551.074 of the Texas Government Code.
3. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Apr 19, 2022 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting