1. CALL TO ORDER
E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In memory of Joan Veith (July 27, 1931 - March 5, 2022).
2. In recognition of the month of April 2022, as Fair Housing Month.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, wildfires, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
1. March 30, 2022
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
G. Approve no cost Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Nueces County Office of Emergency Management and BCFS Health and Human Services Emergency Management Division to include Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 200 Appendix II Provisions to existing contract.
I. Adopt a resolution in support of an application for the Indigent Defense Improvement Grant Program available through the Texas Indigent Defense Commission.
P. Authorize BuyBoard Contract No. 590-19 purchase with Petroleum Solutions, Inc dba JF Petroleum Group to replace two (2) fuel tank dispensers and two (2) sub pumps and related repair work at Packery Maintenance Yard for Coastal Parks.
1. Discuss and consider terminating Nueces County Declaration of Disaster Due to Public Health Emergency originally signed March 13, 2020.
2. Receive presentation from Board of District Court Judges regarding Texas Indigent Defense Commission (TIDC) mental health grant; discuss and consider submission of application for TIDC mental health grant.
3. Receive an update on the construction of the new Harbor Bridge replacement project.
4. Receive recommendation from Nueces County Animal Care Advisory Committee regarding Animal Care facility.
5. Discuss and consider approval of amended personal services contract with Legislative Consultant, Patricia Shipton, for services related to the 88th Texas Legislative Session, strategic planning, consulting, and governmental relations services superseding and replacing agreement approved on March 30, 2022.
6. Discuss and consider approval of amended personal services contract with Legislative Consultant, Joel Romo, for services related to the 88th Texas Legislative Session, strategic planning, consulting, and governmental relations services superseding and replacing agreement approved on March 30, 2022.
7. Discuss and consider extension letter related to the Equipment Lease/Purchase Agreement with Banc of America Public Capital Corp.
8. Discuss and consider joining the Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) Energy Cooperative related to electricity procurement.
9. Discuss and consider electricity procurement through Public Power Pool (P3), including opting-out of 2022 procurement cycle, procurement of renewals, and related matters.
10. Discuss and consider distribution of County Emergency Rental Assistance 2 Program to include eligible households within the City of Corpus Christi.
11. Discuss and consider amended Work Authorization No. 8 related to Emergency Rental Assistance with Hagerty Consulting, providing for increase in the not to exceed amount and time extension; discuss and consider amended Hagerty Work Authorization No. 10 with Hagerty Consulting related to American Rescue Plan Support.
12. Discuss and consider Premium Pay under the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) for law enforcement in the Nueces County Collective Bargaining Agreement.
13. Discuss and consider accepting City Port Aransas, Texas Resolution No. 2022-R-15 (passed April 4. 2022) regarding purchase of Nueces County’s real property located at 430 N. Alister St., in Port Aransas, Texas
14. Discuss and consider approving the updated Nueces County Commissioners’ Court Policy and Procedure Guidelines incorporating changes approved by the Commissioners Court on March 30, 2022 and also incorporating non-substantive formatting and renumbering changes, and related matters.
15. Discuss and consider taking action on settlement demand concerning personal injury claim o/b/o ARH, a minor.
16. Discuss and consider approval of any accrued overtime hours pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, and/or storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response.
17. Discuss and consider submission of a pre application to National Fish and Wildlife Foundation for up to $10 Million to assist with construction of a living breakwater and oyster reef seeding to improve water quality in Corpus Christi Bay.
18. Discuss and consider reallocation of funds from 2021 Certificates of Obligations for Bob Hall Pier and IRT materials.
19. Receive update on wildfires and wildfire conditions, including resources, mutual aid agreements, and related matters.
1. Receive presentation from the Director of Public Works related to Fiscal Year 2022 First Quarterly Expenditure Report.
1. Discuss and consider selection for IFB No. 3188-21 Motor Oil and Lubricants.
1. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the month of September 2021.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 10 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
3. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 107.
4. Discuss and consider approval of payments received from the City/County Public Health District invoiced from January 2022.
1. Discuss and consider selection of an applicant to fill the position of the Grants Administrator.
2. Discuss and consider selection of an applicant to fill the position of Public Information Officer.
3. Discuss and consider reinstating budgeted car allowance for Constable Precinct 2 from effective date of March 31, 2022.
4. Discuss and consider selection of an applicant to fill the position of Medical Examiner to be effective upon current Medical Examiner vacancy.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Conduct interviews of applicants for position of Grants Administrator.
B. Conduct interviews of applicants for position of Public Information Officer.
D. Consult with County Attorney regarding City of Port Aransas Resolution No. 2022-R-15, (passed April 4, 2022) offering to purchase Nueces County’s real property located at 430 N. Alister St., in Port Aransas, Texas, and related matters.
E. Consult with County Attorney regarding settlement demand concerning the personal injury claim o/b/o ARH; and related matters.
G. Deliberate personnel issues including compensation package for Medical Examiner and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Apr 13, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular