1. CALL TO ORDER
D. ANNOUNCEMENT ON DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST: Any Conflicts of Interest or Appearance of a Conflict of Interest with items on this agenda shall be declared at this time. Members with conflicts will refrain from voting and are asked to refrain from discussion on such items. Conflicts discovered later in the meeting shall be disclosed at that time.
E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
G. CONVENE MEETING OF THE NUECES COUNTY HOUSING FINANCE CORPORATION
1. In recognition of Coach Royce Chadwick's accomplishments.
2. In recognition of the Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi Islanders Men’s Basketball Program for their successful 2021-2022 season.
3. In recognition of the month of April 2022 as Beach Safety and Rip Current Awareness Month.
4. In recognition of the month of April 2022 as Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month.
5. In recognition of the month of April 2022 as Child Abuse Prevention and Awareness Month.
6. In recognition of National Library Week 2022 April 3-9, 2022.
7. In recognition of the month of April 2022 as Safe Digging Month.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
1. March 15, 2022 March 16, 2022
1. South Texas Water Authority Board of Directors
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
E. Accept Fiscal Year 2020-2021 Report from Corpus Christi Regional Economic Development Corporation (CCREDC); and authorize FY 2021-2022 contract.
F. Accept Fiscal Year 2020-2021 Report from Robstown Area Development Commission (RADC); and authorize FY 2021-2022 Contract.
K. Ratify the hiring of Tonya Webber (Porter, Rogers, Dahlman & Gordon, P.C.) to handle internal employee related investigations as assigned by the County Attorney and ratify the November 16, 2021, engagement letter.
1. Discuss and consider approval of personal services contract with Legislative Consultant, Patricia Shipton, for services related to the 88th Texas Legislative Session, strategic planning, consulting, and governmental relations services, and other related matters.
2. Discuss and consider approval of personal services contract with Legislative Consultant, Joel Romo, for services related to the 88th Texas Legislative Session, strategic planning, consulting, and governmental relations services, and other related matters.
3. Receive presentation from Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) Energy Cooperative regarding electricity program.
4. Receive presentation from David Quinn, Public Power Pool (P3) on electricity contract and procurement; discuss and consider any orders, including renewables, opting-out and related matters.
5. Discuss and consider selection of Acrisure, LLC d/b/a Carlisle Insurance as the sole broker service under section 262.036 of the Texas Local Government Code and related matters; authorize a professional services agreement.
6. Discuss and consider approval of Second Amendment to Work Authorization No. 1 with Lockwood, Andrews, and Newnam (LAN), Inc. providing for re-allocation of previously committed funds.
7. Discuss and consider conditions to be included in Game Room Regulations, such as, operating hours, geographical locations, and maximum machines/sites.
8. Discuss and consider approval of Amendment No. 1 Interlocal Agreement regarding West Haven Park Agreement between Nueces County and City of Corpus Christi.
10. Discuss and consider additional construction items needed to complete the recovery of IB Magee Park Office.
11. Discuss and consider allocating appropriate portion of Hurricane Harvey insurance settlement funds to rebuild Bob Hall Pier, and related matters.
13. Discuss and consider status of Policies and Procedures for Wetlands Mitigation as required pursuant to engagement letter with Baker Wotring LLP executed January 22, 2020, and related matters.
14. Discuss and consider any and all amendments to the Nueces County Commissioners Court Policies and Procedures.
16. Discuss and consider adoption of Order of Special Election for the state constitutional amendment election on Saturday, May 7, 2022.
17. Discuss and consider establishing the Early Voting Polling Locations for the May 7, 2022, Joint Constitutional Election.
18. Discuss and consider approval of Election Day Vote Centers for Saturday, May 7, 2022, Joint Constitutional Election.
19. Discuss and consider approval of termination of Tissue Bank Acknowledgment, Waiver, Release and Indemnity Agreement for Access and Use of Nueces County Medical Examiner’s facilities with South Texas Life Share, L.L.C. and authorize execution of Order Terminating said Agreement.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Memorandum of Understanding between Nueces County and Youth Odyssey for programs relating to the Truancy Prevention Initiative.
1. Discuss and consider approval of a temporary construction easement agreement between Kinder Morgan Tejas Pipeline LLC and Nueces County for a staging area while making repairs to an existing pipeline.
2. Discuss and consider amending the Engineering Service contract for Program Management with Lockwood, Andrews and Newnam, Inc. (LAN).
3. Discuss and consider approval of the plat of Deleon Tract, Lot 1, a single tract of land.
4. Discuss and consider approval of Repairs to the Nueces County Memorial Agriculture Center-Old Show Barn Facility.
5. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 1 between Nueces County and Richter Architects for the Hilltop Community Center Facility Project, as recommended by Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam (LAN).
1. Discuss and consider selection for IFB No. 3194-22 Bob Hall Fishing Pier - Marine Debris Removal, Demolition & Reef Placement.
1. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the month of September 2021.
2. Discuss and consider approval of payments received from the City/County Public Health District invoiced for January and February 2022.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Consult with County Attorney regarding City of Port Aransas Resolution No. 2022-R11, (passed March 17, 2022) offering to purchase real property located at 430 N. Alister St., in Port Aransas, Texas, and related matters.
C. Deliberate personnel issues including compensation package for Medical Examiner, change to job description and/or pay, and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Mar 30, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular