1. CALL TO ORDER
D. ANNOUNCEMENT ON DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST: Any Conflicts of Interest or Appearance of a Conflict of Interest with items on this agenda shall be declared at this time. Members with conflicts will refrain from voting and are asked to refrain from discussion on such items. Conflicts discovered later in the meeting shall be disclosed at that time.
E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
A. Receive presentation from Ascenda Capital regarding an affordable workforce housing proposal; discuss and consider proposal.
1. In recognition of March 2022 as Red Cross Month.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
1. February 23, 2022 March 2, 2022
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
F. Ratify Amendment Agreement No. 2 to Temporary License Agreement with Corpus Christi Retail Venture, LP for space at La Palmera mall related to COVID-19 vaccination operations; Authorize payment of invoices for January, February and March 2022.
H. Approve the following Diabetes Contracts for FY 2021/2022: 1. Coastal Bend Food Bank - Commissioner Pct 2 - $500.00 2. Texas A&M University Corpus Christi, Antonio E. Garcia Arts & Education Center Commissioner Pct 2 - $1,000 3. South Coastal Area Health Education Center - Total - $13,500 Commissioner Pct 1 - $6,000; Commissioner Pct 2 - $4,500; Commissioner Pct 3 - $3,000
J. Approve letter request to Bank of America regarding extension of Equipment Lease Purchase Agreement.
K. Authorize the County Judge to approve the amended Equipment List for the FY20 Texas General Land Office Beach Cleaning and Maintenance Reimbursement Application.
M. Approve method of procurement (request for competitive bids) for Personnel Services; and authorize Purchasing Agent to publish a notice.
1. Approve Quarterly Investment Report ending December 31, 2021.
2. Receive presentation from Tom Klassen, Executive Director, HALO-Flight on FY 2020-2021 activities; and authorize FY 2021-2022 contract.
3. Receive presentation from Kresten Cook, Executive Director, United Corpus Christi Chamber of Commerce, South Texas Military Facilities Task Force (STMFTF), on the FY2020-2021 activities; and authorize FY 2021-2022 contract.
4. Receive presentation from John LaRue, President & Chief Executive Director, United Corpus Christi Chamber of Commerce, on FY 2020-2021 activities related to the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA); and authorize FY 2021-2022 contract.
5. Receive presentation from Sara L. Garza, President, Coastal Bend Air Quality Partnership, on the FY 2020-2021 activities; authorize year two (2) renewal agreement.
6. Receive presentation from Ray Allen, Executive Director Coastal Bend Bays & Estuaries Program, on Fiscal Year 2020-2021 activities.
7. Receive presentation from consultant Tim Richardson on the Texas Natural Resource Damage Assessment (NRDA) funding announcement, the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, and federal funding opportunities.
8. Receive presentation from Nueces County Industrial Commission, also known as the Nueces County Development Commission (NCDC).
9. Receive presentation from Govind Development, LLC on the Hazel Bazemore Dog Park.
10. Receive information on Nueces County 2022 Department of Defense Innovative Readiness Training Medical & Engineering Mission, consider funding and funding source to assist with supplies needed not covered by the military.
14. Discuss and consider response or other action relating to Cease and Desist letter (Padre Balli Park).
15. Discuss and consider allocating Hurricane Harvey insurance settlement funds.
16. Discuss and consider merit pay for Health District employees pursuant to Reformation Agreement and related matters.
17. Discuss and consider appointment of American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator for Nueces County; Discuss and consider appointment of Assistant ADA Coordinator.
18. Discuss and consider adopting an Order prohibiting outdoor burning in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County, pursuant to Section 352.081 of the Texas Local Government Code.
20. Discuss and consider action regarding the operations of the Medical Examiner’s Office, including personnel matters, any unfinished/incomplete matter relating to the office, and any items related to any investigations or inquiries relating to the office of the Nueces County Medical Examiner, and other related matters.
21. Discuss and consider approval of any accrued overtime hours pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, and/or storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response.
1. Receive presentation from Halff and Associates Inc.regarding the findings of the drainage study in north-central area of Nueces County.
2. Receive presentation from Turner Ramirez Architects for the planned renovations at the Calderon Building.
3. Receive update from Lockwood, Andrews and Newnam, Inc. (LAN) regarding the ongoing Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) projects.
4. Receive presentation from the Director of Public Works related to Fiscal Year 2022 First Quarterly Expenditure Report.
5. Discuss ABM Energy Saving Performance contract; determine course regarding the prioritization of project allocations.
6. Approve renewal of the Septic System Bond for The Royal Estates Unit 2 Subdivision as per Construction Agreement for the subdivision.
7. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 3 for Nueces County Courthouse Exterior Wall Remediation Project.
8. Discuss and consider execution of an AIA Services contract with Govind Development, LLC to provide engineering services related to the Nueces County Courthouse Roof Replacement.
1. Discuss and consider selection for IFB No. 3183-21 Armored Car Services.
2. Discuss and consider selection for IFB No. 3186-21 Laundry Supplies for Nueces County Jail.
3. Discuss and consider selection for IFB No. 3184-21 I.B. Magee Retention Pond Restoration and Improvements.
1. Discuss and consider Letter of Termination to Televon for Telecom Management Services Agreement.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 23 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 09 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
3. Discuss and consider approval of payments received from the City/County Public Health District invoiced for December 2021.
1. Discuss and consider creating a Director of Operations position, pay group 45, in Department 3890-Medical Examiner.
2. Discuss and consider scheduling interviewees for the Public Information Officer position.
3. Discuss and consider scheduling interviewees for the Grants Administrator position.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Mar 16, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular