1. CALL TO ORDER
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of Vietnam Veterans Day on March 29, 2022.
2. In recognition of March 2022 as National Social Worker month.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
G. Approve application procedure for South Texas Water Authority Board of Directors.
I. Authorize award of CSP No. 3187-21 Bob Hall Pier Demolition to Russell Marine, LLC; and authorize execution of agreement.
1. Receive a presentation from Melissa Sweeting, Executive Director, Coastal Bend Council on Alcohol & Drug Abuse on FY 2020-2021 activities; and, Authorize FY 2021-2022 contract.
2. Receive presentation on Bob Hall Pier Design Feedback Study; receive final study.
3. Discuss and consider executing an interlocal agreement with the City of Corpus Christi for lifeguard services along the beach at Padre Balli Park as authorized under Chapter 791 of the Texas Government Code for time frames listed in the interlocal agreement for Spring and Summer seasons of the year 2022.
4. Discuss and consider submission of scope of work to the Planning Assistance to States (PAS) Program with the United States Army Corp of Engineers (USACE).
5. Discuss and consider applying for an "American World War II Heritage City" regional designation through the National Park Service.
6. Discuss and consider approving Budget Planning Schedule for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
7. Discuss and consider directing payment of ARPA premium pay, including grant funded positions.
8. Discuss and consider Premium Pay under the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) for law enforcement in the Nueces County Collective Bargaining Agreement.
9. Discuss and consider approving payment of annual merit increase for Health District employees; discuss and consider directing payment.
1. Receive a presentation from Turner Ramirez Architects for the planned renovations at the Calderon Building.
1. Discuss and consider selection of RFP No. 3162-21 Grant Administration and Project Management Services Federal RESTORE Act Allocation.
1. Discuss and consider revising the Grants Administrator job description and setting a date for interviews.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Mar 02, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular