1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of March March for the Vote Day - March 5, 2022.
2. In recognition of Texas Independence Day - March 2, 2022.
1. Maria Bedia, Director of Grants Administration, 21 years of service with Nueces County.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
1. February 9, 2022 February 14, 2022
1. Coastal Bend Council of Governments
2. Christus Spohn Health System Board of Trustees
3. Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority Board of Directors
4. Nueces County Library Advisory Board
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
C. Authorize payment of bills - Special Motions List and Special Motion List - American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) dated February 23, 2022.
E. Approve the following "Outside Agency" Contracts for FY 2021-2022: 1. Amistad Community Health Center, Inc. - $1,200 - Commissioner Pct. 2 2. Boys & Girls Clubs of the Coastal Bend - Total - $1,500 Commissioner Pct. 2 - $1,000; Commissioner Pct. 3 - $500 3. Brooks Chapel A.M.E. Worship Center - $1,200 - Commissioner Pct. 1 4. Coastal Bend Food Bank - Total - $3,500 Banquete & Driscoll - $333.33 each; Bishop - $1,000; Corpus Christi - $1,833.34 Commissioner Pct. 1, Pct. 2 & Pct. 4 - $1,000 each; Commissioner Pct. 3 -$500 5. Wesley Community Center - Total - $1,800 Commissioner Pct.1 - $800; Commissioner Pct. 3 - $1,000
G. Authorize the execution of a Second Amendment to CDBG-CV TEMAP Contract No. 70100001005 with the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs for the Texas Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program (TEMAP).
M. Approve amended Nueces County policy regarding the Medical Examiner's office.
O. Approve Letter of Support regarding jurisdictional change of Naval Airstation Corpus Christi (NASCC) properties; NASCC, Waldron Naval Outlying Landing Field (NOLF), and Cabaniss NOLF, from exclusive federal jurisdiction to concurrent jurisdiction.
Q. Authorize award of CSP No. 3187-21 Bob Hall Pier Demolition to Russell Marine, LLC; and authorize execution of agreement.
1. Receive introduction of the candidate for the Texas Agrilife Extension Service Agriculture and Natural Resources County Extension Agent position; discuss and consider approval of appointment to the position.
2. Receive presentation on 2022 Nueces County Junior Livestock Show.
3. Receive presentation on the new relief route constructed by EPIC Midstream, LP in the Suburban Acres Subdivision.
4. Discuss and consider approval of Amendment No. 7 to the original Software License and Services Agreement between Nueces County and Tyler Technologies, Inc. (Successor in Interest to Courthouse Technologies, LTD).
5. Discuss and consider executing an agreement with the City of Port Aransas for lifeguard services along the beach at I.B. Magee Beach Park as authorized under Chapter 791 of the Texas Government Code for time frames listed in the agreement for Spring Break, Spring and Summer/Fall seasons of the year 2022.
6. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 3 (Revised) from Mako Contracting to provide a 4" fire main with a 1' stub for a contractor to connect to a new fire suppression system.
7. Discuss and consider Coastal Parks request to utilize some of the insurance settlement funds to address repairs still needed due to Hurricane Harvey, including: Padre Balli Park office repairs, I.B. Magee maintenance shop entry door and frame, I.B. Magee office repairs, and I.B. Magee office furniture, AV equipment, phone, internet and computers.
8. Discuss and consider adopting an Order prohibiting outdoor burning in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County, pursuant to Section 352.081 of the Texas Local Government Code.
9. Discuss and consider options available for sale of 430 N. Alister, Port Aransas, Texas; adopt course of action.
10. Discuss Hagerty's contract to review ineligible payments and legal consideration for what responsibility the County has to continue to use Hagerty's services if FEMA and or ARPA funds do not cover their payment.
11. Discuss and consider ARPA Premium Pay for Health District employees, including any increase.
12. Discuss and consider increasing the percentage of future ARPA premium pay for county public works employees that work within the jail and annex on a daily basis.
13. Discuss and consider payment of bills submitted by ABM for items received by the County to be installed at the Hazel Bazemore Dog Park.
14. Discuss and consider the selection of an employee recruiter firm for the Medical Examiner's Office.
15. Discuss and consider a one-time pay out of an equal amount for all eligible County Health District employees from the Workforce Solutions Retention Grant.
16. Discuss and consider approval of compensation to County Health District employees relative to their remaining balance after the 40 hours of unused accrued sick leave hours.
17. Discuss and consider compensation to County Health District employees related to unused vacation, compensatory time, and other benefits.
18. Discuss and consider approval of any accrued overtime hours pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, including COVID-19 related testing during Omicron surge, and/or storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 3 for the Nueces County Roadway Rehabilitation Projects County Road 22 and County Road 49.
2. Discuss and consider approval of Deductive Change Order No. 3 for the Nueces County Roadway Rehabilitation Projects County Road 73, County Road 67, County Road 48 & County Road 69.
3. Discuss the ABM Energy Saving Performance contract; determine course regarding the prioritization of project allocations.
4. Discuss and consider the approval of Certificate of Substantial Completion for the IFB: 3136-20 Nueces County Road Rehabilitation Project CR 67, CR 69, CR 77 and Bauer Road project completed by Bay Ltd.
1. Discuss, consider and approve the latest changes to Section 4.4(c) of the previously approved agreement with Spectra Venue Management for RFP 3159-21 Nueces County Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds Management Services.
2. Discuss and award RFP No. 3185-21 Engineering Services for Program Management.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 08 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 106.
3. Discuss and consider approval of payments received from the City/County Public Health District invoiced from October 2021 through February 2022.
4. Discuss and consider Cost Submittal and Ineligible Expense Summary Report for FEMA-PA4586 Winter Weather URI.
1. Discuss and consider reclassifying the Veterans Service Officer position in the Veterans Service Department (#1275) to Pay Group 28 effective October 2, 2021.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Consult with County Attorney regarding approval of settlement of claim and authorize County Auditor to pay the constitutionally-required compensation payments to, and restore the benefits of, those certain Nueces County Sheriff’s deputies who received, or were eligible to receive, workers’ compensation pay in 2020 and 2021.
B. Deliberate the value of real property located at 430 N. Alister Street, Port Aransas, Texas.
C. Consult with County Attorney on legal matters related to the sale of 430 N. Alister, Port Aransas, Texas.
E. Consult with County Attorney regarding approval of mediated settlement agreement disposing of Sandi Hollinger’s claim, address request by Ms. Hollinger’s attorney for attorney fees in the amount of $3,500 and authorize County Auditor to pay the amount approved by the Court; authorize County Judge to execute settlement documents.
F. Consult with County Attorney regarding approval of mediated settlement agreement disposing of Marta Ruiz’s claim, address request by Ms. Ruiz’s attorney for attorney fees in the amount of $10,000 and determine if the Court will accept the amount and authorize County Auditor to pay the amount approved by the Court; authorize County Judge to execute settlement documents.
G. Consult with County Attorney and outside counsel regarding Tissue Bank agreement.
H. Consult with County Attorney regarding legal matters relating to payment of bills submitted by ABM for items received by the County to be installed at the Hazel Bazemore Dog Park; authorize the payment of bills for invoiced items received by the County.
I. Consult with County Attorney regarding legal matters relating to payment of bills submitted by ABM for items received by the County; authorize payment of appropriate payments by the County.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Feb 23, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular