1. CALL TO ORDER
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of February 2022 as Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month.
1. Nueces County Beach Management Advisory Committee
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
L. Authorize execution of agreement with JM Davidson, Ltd. for CSP No. 3187-21 Bob Hall Pier Demolition.
1. Receive a presentation from Alyssa B. Mason, Executive Director, Corpus Christi Downtown Management District on FY 2020-2021 activities; and approve FY 2021-2022 contract.
2. Discuss and consider hiring of Advanced Construction Management to assist with Task Order development and review, related to Intergovernmental Services Agreement (IGSA) project.
3. Receive into record Laboratory Services Agreement with Christus Spohn Health System Corporation for laboratory services related to COVID-19 operations.
4. Discuss and consider review and replacement of Beach Management Advisory Committee (BMAC) member for failure to attend regularly scheduled meetings as required by the Committee's bylaws.
5. Discuss and consider action on limiting the ability for the County Judge to unilaterally sign contracts that the Attorney General’s opinion indicates is not allowed; discuss and consider filing a court action to get a definitive legal answer on this issue.
6. Discuss and consider approving temporary Deputy Medical Examiner or other options to maintain uninterrupted continuance of services of Medical Examiners Office during transition.
7. Discuss and consider adopting a budget for the new administrative position in Medical Examiner’s Office.
8. Discuss and consider creating a new administrative position in the Medical Examiner’s Office, and posting the job.
9. Discuss and consider fairground amphitheater replacement projects under the ABM Energy Savings contract; determine course regarding replacement of amphitheater projects.
10. Discuss and consider obtaining an appraisal for county-owned land adjacent to the Richard Borchard Fairgrounds.
12. Discuss and consider providing American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) premium pay to county employees working at the City of Corpus Christi – Nueces County Health District.
1. Discuss and consider public health workforce retention pay for all eligible Health District employees to be funded through previously approved Department of State Health Services agreement supporting the public health workforce participating in the Coronavirus 2019 (COVID) response.
2. Discuss and consider approval of annual merit increase for Health District employees pursuant to Reformation Agreement.
1. Discuss and approve the transfer of two (2) Mental Health Deputies to Constables Office Precinct 2.
2. Discuss Game Room Regulations in accordance with Chapter 234 of the Texas Local Government Code.
1. Discuss and consider selection of International Consultant Engineers (ICE) for Engineering services for structural design associated with the interior renovations at the Calderon Building; discuss and consider approval Engineering Service contract.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 1 recommended by Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam (LAN) between Nueces County and NRG Engineering for the Nueces County Courthouse and Jail Generator Project.
3. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 1 recommended by Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam (LAN) between Nueces County and NRG Engineering for the McKenzie Jail Annex Generator Project.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing execution of agreement with Spectra Venue Management for RFP No. 3159-21 Nueces County Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds Management Services.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 07 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
2. Discuss and consider determination of possible funding source to replace County’s ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system and replacement of time clocks.
1. Discuss and consider two (2) additional Mental Health Deputies for Constable Precinct. 2.
2. Discuss and consider approval of additional hours from 30 to 40 per week for the Associate Judge in Department 3150, County Court at Law 5.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
B. Consult with County Attorney and outside Counsel regarding legal matters and continued negotiations with the City of Corpus Christi to accomplish the transition to a City-run Health District (CCNCPHD), as voted by the Commissioners Court on December 15, 2021.
C. Consult with County Attorney and outside counsel in Case: 201863587, MASTER CASE v. TEXAS OPIOID LITIGATION; discuss and consider the settlement with Endo Pharmaceuticals, Teva, AmerisourceBergen, Cardinal Health, and McKesson, including the Texas State-Wide Opioid Settlement Agreement and Settlement Term Sheet and Texas Subdivision Election and Release Form; discuss and consider adoption of a Resolution approving settlement of opioid-related litigation with Endo Pharmaceuticals, Teva, AmerisourceBergen, Cardinal Health and McKesson; discuss and consider approval of settlement documents; authorize the Nueces County Attorney’s Office or outside counsel to execute settlement documents; and related matters.
G. Consult with County attorney and/or outside counsel regarding legal issues regarding the fairground project and amphitheater replacement; including legal issues related to Banc of America Equipment Lease/Purchase Agreement.
H. Consult with County Attorney and/or outside counsel regarding potential legal issues at the Medical Examiner’s Office, and related issues.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Feb 02, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular