1. CALL TO ORDER
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of Calallen I.S.D. Superintendent, Dr. Arturo Almendarez, retiring after 26 years of service.
2. In recognition of Calallen High School head football coach, Phil Danaher, retiring after 37 years of service.
3. In recognition of 2022 Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration and Commemorative March - January 17, 2022.
4. In recognition of the 52nd Annual NAACP Freedom Fund Gala honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. - January 15, 2022.
1. In recognition of the County Auditor and staff for Excellence in Financial Reporting as presented by the Government Finance Officers Association, for its comprehensive annual financial report for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2020.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
1. December 15, 2021 December 16, 2021
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
J. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for proposals) for consulting services for the Hazard Mitigation Action Plan (HMAP) Update; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
M. Approve method of procurement (request for qualifications) for Nueces County Jail Needs Assessment; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
O. Approve a proposal from KIIITV for media services related to vaccine outreach and education.
P. Adopt a resolution authorizing the execution of the Reimbursement for Auditable Voting Machines (RAVM) Funding Agreement with the Texas Secretary of State.
Q. Approve Amendment Agreement No. 2 to Temporary License Agreement with Corpus Christi Retail Venture, LP for space at La Palmera mall related to COVID-19 vaccination operations.
R. Approve Supplemental Agreement-Second Extension between Nueces County – Corpus Christi Public Health District and Amistad Community Health Center for medical services and staffing related for the Nueces County Community Care Clinic related to treatment of COVID-19 positive patients; Authorize Health District Director to execute Supplemental Agreement.
S. Approve agreement with Amistad Community Health Center for health care services related to COVID-19 pandemic.
1. Receive presentation from Hagerty, Inc. related to Nueces County’s Strategic Fiscal Recovery Plan, proposed spending framework and project prioritization and/or discuss possible future workshop dates.
2. Receive a presentation from Rebecca Flanigan, Deputy Director of Litigation, Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid Inc., on FY 2020-2021 activities.
3. Discuss and consider approval of personal services agreement with Reed Clay related to facilitating economic recovery and applying for any applicable federal/state programs.
4. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 3 to Engineering Services Contract between Nueces County and Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. related to adjustment of hourly rates.
5. Discuss and consider alternate Energy Conservation Measure Projects (ECMs) related to the ABM Building Services, LLC Energy Savings Performance Agreement.
6. Discuss and consider hiring Porter, Rogers, Dahlman & Gordon, P.C., and attorney Tonya Webber to assist the County with drafting employment policies related to the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District transition and/or County Personnel policies; approve engagement letter; and related matters.
7. Discuss and consider entering into Extension Agreement with the City of Corpus Christi to delay the City's withdrawal from the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District (CCNCPHD) in order to continue negotiations to transfer management of the CCNCPHD to the City of Corpus Christi, and keep the CCNCPHD and its services intact.
8. Discuss and consider providing American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) premium pay to county employees working at the City of Corpus Christi – Nueces County Health District.
9. Discuss and consider providing American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) premium pay to environmental enforcement officers.
10. Discuss and consider requesting funding assistance from the Port of Corpus Christi Authority to help fund salary for third environmental enforcement officer.
11. Discuss and consider creation of third environmental officer position and funding of position, including possible funding under the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
12. Discuss and consider any and all amendments to the Nueces County Commissioners Court Policies and Procedures.
13. Discuss and consider Early Voting Locations for the March 1, 2022 Primary Election.
14. Discuss and consider approval of any accrued overtime hours pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, including COVID-19 testing during Omicron surge.
1. Receive update from ABM Building Services, LLC regarding current Nueces County Energy Savings Performance Agreement projects.
2. Receive an update from ABM Building Services, LLC (Contractor) and LAN, Inc (Program Manager) regarding the status of construction activities pertaining to the Replacement of three Steam Boilers at the Nueces County Courthouse & Jail Facility and Replacement of two Chillers at the McKinzie Jail Annex. Provide an updated construction schedule for these two projects.
3. Discuss and consider approval of Deductive Change Order No. 2 for the Nueces County Roadway Rehabilitation Projects County Road 73, County Road 67, County Road 48 & County Road 69.
4. Discuss and consider approval of a deductive Change Order No. 2 for the Nueces County Roadway Rehabilitation Projects County Road 22 and County Road 49.
5. Discuss and consider authorization of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds for the purchase of the following equipment for Public Works: a. Two(2) new excavators(Revised) b. Two (2) new 6-inch diesel powered water pumps with trailers c. Six (6) new tractor mowers with rotary cutters d. One (1) new hydro-vac trucks with tank and hoses(Revised)
1. Discuss and consider Building Rent, GEO Payments, and Pre-approved Contracts as an addition to the Vendor Payments Exception List not requiring Commissioners Court pre-approval.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 05 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
3. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 104.
4. Discuss and consider for January 2022 approving an advance on the release of the first quarterly premium pay payment for Nueces County Employees not under the Collective Bargaining agreement, employees previously considered for 20% premium pay, or employees already being paid with ARPA funds. Advance would be $250 for eligible full-time employees and $125 for eligible part-time employees for eligible work already performed.
5. Discuss and approve payment of Payroll Inter-Governmental Invoice (Budgeted Salary only) from Corpus Christi – Nueces County Health Department.
1. Discuss and consider adding a deputy constable position to department Constable Pct. 1 office.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Consult with County Attorney and/or outside counsel regarding ongoing negotiations pertaining to the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District (CCNCPHD), and City of Corpus Christi’s General Agreement Points between City of Corpus Christi and Nueces County for City Assumption of Control & Duties of Health District, received by Nueces County to further the motion passed by the Nueces County Commissioners’ Court December 15, 2021.
C. Consult with County Attorney regarding personal injury claim of Krystal Pena; discuss, consider, and take action regarding settlement demand; and related matters.
D. Consult with County Attorney regarding the payment claim of Strategic Government Resources; discuss, consider, and take action regarding payment demand; and related matters.
H. Consult with County Attorney regarding the Texas Purchasing Act and related County policies/practices.
J. Consult with County Attorney on legal matters related to the Hazel Bazemore Dog Park project, including agreements with ABM Building LLC, and the Texas Prompt Pay Act; Discuss and consider payment of outstanding ABM invoices.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jan 05, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular