1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
1. November 17, 2021 November 22, 2021 November 30, 2021
1. In recognition of Sandra E. Ysassi, Commissioner's Assistant for Precinct No. 3, retiring after 36 years of service to Nueces County.
2. In recognition of Juan "J.J." De La Cerda being awarded "Veterans Claim Service Officer (VCSO) of the Year" from the Texas Veterans Commission.
3. In recognition of Military VIP for Field of Honor.
1. Nueces County Beach Management Advisory Committee
2. Nueces County Child Welfare Board
3. Nueces County Civil Service Commission
4. Nueces County Historical Commission
5. Nueces County Emergency Service District #1
6. Nueces County Emergency Service District #2
7. Nueces County Emergency Service District #3
8. Nueces County Emergency Service District #4
9. Nueces County Emergency Service District #6
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
L. Authorize execution of Agreement Amendment No. 2 with Absolute Waste Services, Inc for RFP 3081-18 Solid Waste Collection & Disposal Service for County Residents.
N. Ratify execution of 2022 Port Development Agreement with the Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County for purposes of supporting the Nueces County Industrial Commission AKA Nueces County Development Commission in the promotion and development of business and industry for calendar year 2022.
O. Authorize the Commissioners Court Manager to provide appropriate law enforcement agencies as needed with written criminal trespass-authority pursuant to Texas Penal Code 30.05, allowing those law enforcement agencies to issue trespass notices and display “No Trespassing” signage on various foreclosed properties held in trust by Nueces County.
P. Approve application procedure for the Christus Spohn Health Board of Trustees.
1. Discuss and consider selection of the Nueces County Workers Compensation Coverage Provider for Calendar Year 2022.
2. Discuss and consider five-year State Case Registry Cooperative Agreement between the Office of the Attorney General of the State of Texas and Nueces County, Texas.
3. Receive Nueces County’s Strategic Fiscal Recovery Plan and Internet/Social Media survey report related to American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) funds, including overview of community engagement results and identified spending priorities.
4. Discuss and consider approval of contract with Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP, for the Collection of Delinquent Taxes.
5. Discuss and consider approval of document titled "Action Approving Contract with Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP" (for the collection of Delinquent Taxes).
6. Discuss and consider approval of contract with Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP, for the Collection of Delinquent Fees and Fines.
7. Discuss and consider approval of document titled "Action Approving Contract with Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP" (for the collection of Delinquent Fees and Fines).
8. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Purchasing Agreement between Nueces County and Nueces County Hospital District enabling the Hospital District to use and rely on the County’s procurement of and award for Disaster Recovery Management under County RFP No. 3141-20 including use of and reliance on all responsive proposals received under the RFP.
9. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement between Nueces County, Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities, and the Nueces County Hospital District; Agreement relates to the provision of Jail Diversion, Crisis Intervention, and Jail-Based Competency Restoration Services for the period October 1, 2021 - September 30, 2022.
10. Discuss and consider approval Interlocal Agreement between Nueces County, Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities, and the Nueces County Hospital District; Agreement relates to the provision of Forensic Assertive Community Treatment Program Services for the period October 1, 2021 - September 30, 2022.
11. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement between Nueces County, Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities, and the Nueces County Hospital District; Agreement relates to the provision of Walk-In Crisis Clinic Services for the period October 1, 2021 - September 30, 2022.
12. Receive presentation regarding local carbon capture and sequestration projects.
13. Receive presentation regarding Texas District and County Retirement System benefits of Nueces County Health District Employees.
14. Discuss and consider approval of personal services contract(s) with Legislative Consultant(s), Hugo Berlanga, Joel Romo, and Patricia Shipton for services related to the 88th Texas Legislative Session, strategic planning, consulting, and governmental relations services, and other related matters.
15. Ratify Supplemental Agreement for a no cost time extension to the Professional Services Contract with Advanced Construction Management related to I.B. Magee Park Office Restoration Project.
16. Discuss and consider Change Order No. 4 for Mako Construction to address the demo of the flat roof and temporary roofing system related to I.B. Magee Park Office Restoration Project.
17. Discuss and consider adopting payment option(s) for Premium Pay under the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) for Nueces County employees, including law enforcement in the Nueces County Collective Bargaining Agreement; authorize date(s) to issue payment(s); authorize Nueces County Employee Premium Payment Supplement Agreement Form(s).
18. Discuss and consider for January 2022 one time premium pay of 10% ARPA funds across the board for Nueces County Employees.
19. Discuss and consider requesting funding assistance from the Port of Corpus Christi Authority to help fund the salary for a third environmental enforcement officer.
20. Discuss and consider obtaining feasibility study for a new county jail.
21. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order amending the Nueces County Animal Control Order of 1991, to reflect the change in the Department’s name, create a “Mission Statement” of the Department, and describe the duties and responsibilities of the Department Supervisor, the Animal Services Officers, and the Animal Advisory Board.
22. Discuss and consider approval of the proposed 2022 Commissioners Court Schedule.
23. Discuss and consider options available for the provision of public health services for residents of Nueces County; discuss and consider adoption of transition plan, to include addressing health services: STD/HIV, immunizations, environmental inspections, laboratory, public health preparedness, 1115 waiver projects.
24. Discuss and consider payment of Health District employee overtime.
25. Discuss and consider approval of any accrued overtime hours pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, and/or storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response.
1. Discuss and consider the submission of a grant application to the Community Resiliency Program available through Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs, a potential partnership with the City of Robstown, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 2 for the Nueces County Courthouse Exterior Wall Remediation Project.
2. Discuss and consider approval of interlocal agreement with the City of Corpus Christi regarding improvements to West Haven Park.
3. Discuss and consider authorization of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds for the purchase of the following equipment for Public Works: a. Three (3) new excavators b. Two (2) new 6-inch diesel powered water pumps with trailers c. Six (6) new tractor mowers with rotary cutters d. Two (2) new hydro-vac trucks with tank and hoses
6. Discuss and consider selection of Govind Development, LLC. for Professional Engineering services for the design of the Hazel Bazemore Dog Park Facility; discuss and consider approval of Professional Services Agreement.
7. Receive update on Senior Clerk position for environmental enforcement (5220).
1. Discuss and award RFP No. 3177-21 Emergency Management Incident Response Services.
2. Discuss and award IFB No. 3178-21 for Nueces County Amistad Veterans Memorial & West Haven Splash Pads Projects.
1. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the month of August 2021.
2. Approve asset forfeiture report for FY 2021 for Nueces County Sheriff's Office.
3. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 103.
4. Approve Budget Change Order No. 04 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
5. Discuss and approve payment of invoice from Corpus Christi - Nueces County Health Department.
1. Discuss and consider adding a deputy constable position to Department Constable Pct 1 office.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Dec 15, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular