1. CALL TO ORDER
E. PUBLIC HEARING WILL BEGIN AT 9:00 A.M. The County will solicit input from the public regarding the selection of five (5) colonias to receive concentrated attention from the Colonia Self-Help Center that the County is seeking to establish through the Colonia Self-Help Center Program, Contract No. 7220033, in the amount $500,000, made available through Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs. CLOSE PUBLIC HEARING AND RECONVENE SPECIAL MEETING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of December 8, 2021 as Special Hearts Day.
2. In opposition to Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) Rate Increase.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
2. Receive update from Nueces County Veterans Services Officer regarding Wreaths Across America ceremony and the Coastal Bend State Veterans Cemetery 10-year Anniversary Commemoration.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
N. Approve method of procurement (request for proposals) for Solid Waste Collection and Disposal Services for County Residents; authorize Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an Order delegating selection to an Evaluation Committee.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving a new Motor Vehicle WebDealer Agreement for Khoury Automotive of Corpus Christi, LLC DBA Corpus Christi Mitsubishi.
2. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving a new Motor Vehicle WebDealer Agreement for Khoury Automotive of Corpus Christi, LLC DBA Mazda of Corpus Christi.
3. Ratify Supplemental Agreement No. 1 for a no cost time extension to the Engineering Services Contract with Hanson Professional Services, Inc. related to the ADA design work for accessible parking, ramp and pathway to the new Horace Caldwell Pier Observation Deck.
4. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 4 for Geofill Material Technologies for no cost, sixty (60) day contract extension.
5. Discuss and consider adopting payment option for Premium Pay under the American Rescue Plan Act for Nueces County law enforcement in the Nueces County Collective Bargaining Agreement; authorize date(s) to issue payment(s).
6. Discuss and consider any and all amendments to the Nueces County Commissioners Court Policies and Procedures.
7. Discuss and consider amending the Nueces County Personnel Policy.
8. Discuss and consider updating the Nueces County Fraud Policy; discuss and consider creating a Fraud Policy Review Committee.
9. Discuss and consider selection of Nueces County Commissioners Court Manager.
10. Discuss and consider approval of drainage project collaboration with City of Driscoll, including clearing and cleanup of drainage debris and allocation of County funds.
11. Discuss and consider resolution authorizing the submission of proposal documents to the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs in relation to the establishment of a Colonia Self-Help Center in Nueces County; and discuss and consider the selection of five (5) colonias to be served by the Colonia Self-Help Center.
12. Discuss and consider appointment recommendations to the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs for the Colonia Residents Advisory Committee (C-RAC).
13. Discuss and consider adopting Courthouse Security Committee Badging Policy.
14. Discuss and consider approval of any accrued overtime hours pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, and/or storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response.
1. Discuss and consider potential project(s) for submission under the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) DR-4586 and/or DR-4572 managed by the Texas Division of Emergency Management; and discuss and consider funding source(s) for applicable match requirements.
1. Discuss and consider selection of Govind Development, LLC. for Professional Engineering services related to the reconstruction of County Road 26; discuss and consider approval of proposal.
2. Discuss and consider selection of Govind Development, LLC. for Professional Engineering services related to the reconstruction of County Road 26A; discuss and consider approval of proposal.
3. Discuss and consider selection of Govind Development, LLC professional engineering services related to construction of Hazel Bazemore Dog Park.
1. Receive update from County Auditor related to County health self-insurance fund, and related matters; discuss and consider funding options.
2. Discuss and consider approving the Federal Equitable Sharing Agreement & Certification for Sheriff Department.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
E. Consult with County Attorney regarding legal issues related to amending the Nueces County Personnel Policy Manual.
F. Consult with County Attorney regarding legal issues related to updating Nueces County Fraud Policy and creating a Fraud Policy Review Committee.
Nov 30, 2021 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting