1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of Tom Schmid, President and CEO of the Texas State Aquarium, for his 25 years of service and leadership.
2. In recognition of Dan Pena's outstanding career in South Texas radio.
3. In recognition of the month of November as National Family Caregivers month.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
1. October 27, 2021 November 3, 2021 November 9, 2021 November 10, 2021 November 12, 2021
1. Nueces County Animal Services Advisory Board
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
A. Authorize payment of bills - regular bill summaries dated October 29, 2021, November 05, 2021, November 12, 2021 and November 19, 2021.
Q. Approve Order memorializing prior Court action renaming Animal Control Department to Nueces County Animal Services – Care, Control, and Adoptions, and re-affirming it as a County department.
R. Ratify hiring of the Law Office of Steve Aragon, PC, to represent Nueces County to provide advice, counsel, and assistance regarding the transition of the Corpus Christi – Nueces County Public Health District (“the District”) and approve engagement letter.
S. Ratify hiring of Porter, Rogers, Dahlman & Gordon, P.C., and attorney Tonya Webber to conduct County internal employment investigations; approve engagement letter; and related matters.
1. Receive update from the Port of Corpus Christi Commission.
2. Receive information from Hagerty Consulting regarding the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Public Assistance (PA) process, role of disaster finance policies, and related matters.
3. Discuss and consider approval of any accrued overtime hours pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, and/or storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response.
4. SPECIALLY SET ITEM AT 10:30 A.M. Presentation to the Nueces County Commissioners Court regarding an update on the Sea Turtle Program.
5. Receive introduction of the candidate for the Texas Agrilife Extension Service 4-H and Youth Development position; and consider approval of appointment to the position.
6. Receive presentation from County Attorney and the Law office of Steve Aragon regarding statutory obligations of the Count in the area of public health, options available to the County, and normal practices throughout the State in provision of public health; effect of City of Corpus Christi’s withdrawal on grants, employees, assets, federal 1115 waiver, State laboratory, and related matters.
7. Receive report from County Sheriff and County Judge related to November 4, 2021 Texas Commission on Jail Standards meeting; Discuss and consider jail population reduction alternatives, including creation of an alternate court; Discuss and consider creation of a Jail Population Reduction working group.
8. Approve Quarterly Investment Report ending September 30, 2021.
9. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement between Nueces County, Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities, and the Nueces County Hospital District Agreement relating to the provision of Jail Diversion, Crisis Intervention, Expanded Mobile Crisis Outreach, and Jail-Based Competency Restoration Services for the period October 1, 2021 - September 30, 2022.
10. Discuss and consider approval of Mutual Aid/Interlocal Cooperation Agreement with the Nueces County Hospital District related to the COVID-19 pandemic and related matters.
11. Discuss and consider acceptance of the Hilltop Community Center Facility schematic design presented with LEED Platinum features; direct Richter Architects to complete the schematic design phase accordingly; alternatively direct Richter Architects to propose design alternatives.
12. Discuss and consider fiscal year 2021-22 American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) premium pay for elected Nueces County law enforcement officials and related matters; receive update on premium pay for eligible County employees.
13. Discuss and consider any and all amendments to the Nueces County Commissioners Court Policies and Procedures.
14. Discuss funding source of overtime as it relates to COVID-19 for the Health District (County) Employees and City-County Health Director.
15. Discuss and consider the request for qualification process and how the evaluation committee is selected.
16. Discuss and consider removing the amphitheater from the current energy savings contract awarded to ABM including removing all projects that are not energy savings.
17. Discuss and consider the course of action related to county property located at 430 N. Alister, Port Aransas, Texas.
18. Discuss and consider approval of Amended Tax Abatement Agreement with Corpus Christi Polymers, LLC.
20. Receive letter from U.S. Department of Justice closing out ADA Project Civic Access Settlement Agreement DJ #204-74-348.
21. Discuss and consider the approval of proposed 2022 Nueces County Holiday Calendar.
1. Discuss and approve submission of a preliminary list of proposed flood management evaluation, strategies and projects for Nueces County to the Regional Flood Planning Group to be included in the 2023 Regional Flood Plan.
1. Discuss and award CSP No. 3176-21 Nueces County Courthouse - ADA Interior Improvements.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Vendor Payments Exception List not requiring Commissioners Court pre-approval.
2. Approve asset forfeiture reports for FY 2021 for Nueces County District Attorney.
3. Discuss and consider approving the Federal Equitable Sharing Agreement & Certification for Constable Pct. 3, Constable Pct. 5, District Attorney and Sheriff Department.
4. Approve Budget Change Order No. 03 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
1. Discuss and consider a $10,000.00 supplement for the Felony III- Asset Forfeiture Attorney to be paid out of Chapter 59 funds.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Nov 17, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular